A Session with Him

Before I could say anything, Lucifer bent over and started laughing. Why was he laughing?

He pointed at me and struggled to catch his breath and said, "Wow! You were actually going to agree. I'm just kidding man! What would I want to do with a baby? Whoa! Okay, but seriously though, there are three things that you have to do. First, convince me why you want to go back. Second, fight this weird monster to prove your strength, or whatever. And lastly, you have to answer some riddles or questions from an ancient being whose job is to apparently ask questions that are super personal to you."

I felt like the last statement had some personal meaning to Lucifer because he looked down in a self-conscious manner and straightened his tie.

"Okay", I began, "I can't tell you what I'm going to do. How do I convince you now?"

"You don't need to, because you just did. Anyone who was willing to do everything that I said as a joke obviously has some work to do", he said. "Come, I'll drop you to your second task", he said in a polite voice.

I stayed in the same position.

"How do I know that I can trust you? Why would you do all this for me?" I asked in a rather harsh way.

Lucifer simply smiled and said in the same soft voice, "I don't know if you know this but before I became the terrific Devil that I am now, I used to be an angel up there in heaven with God. So, it is just in my nature to help do the right thing."

"Then why is hell such a bad place? You are punishing people here, yet you call yourself good", I replied.

"Tell me, who comes down here to hell? The bad guys, right? So, I'm doing God a favor here by punishing the bad guys. If there is someone good, like you, I try to give them a second chance", he said.

As Lucifer led me through darkness to my second challenge, I couldn't help but wonder what I would be fighting. Also, can I fight? The closest thing I had to a fight when I was alive was a food fight, and even then my weapons were mashed potatoes and a cabbage. I jumped when I heard a scream and looked at Lucifer for an explanation, but he simply whispered the name Banshee and quietly walked along.

Soon, when I wasn't able to stand the silence anymore, I tried to talk. But before I could say anything, Lucifer turned to me and said, "You know, I've been thinking of a nickname for you, and from now I'm going to start calling you Olivia."

Not once, not even in a dream, did I imagine myself in a position where I would be called by a nickname by the devil.

I smiled and said, "Fine, but only if you allow me to use my nickname for you- Lucy."

Lucifer stopped walking, turned to me with a disgusted look and said, "Well if that's what you want, you little -"
Thankfully the rest was cut out by another scream by a banshee, but I'm guessing that whatever he said wasn't nice.

Lucy and I immediately connected. It felt as though he was simply longing for a friend or someone to talk to. As we walked, I could not help but confide in him the reason that I wished to go back and return to a living state.

I spoke about how I met someone, Luna, whose life was in danger, and how she was at risk of being deported. But I had fallen in love with her, and I knew that if she married me, then she would be able to stay on because of me. But with all this, she was at serious risk because in her hometown, her life was in danger because of something that her father had done.

Lucy was a terrific listener, giving the right reaction to every sentence of mine. He asked me how we met, and I shared with him our memorable meeting. I was riding my bike on a Monday and was returning back from work. I was stuck in normal traffic when I saw her running towards me. I saw there were some men chasing her so I rode my bike to her.

When I neared her, she didn't even wait for the bike to stop. She simply jumped on the moving bike as though it was a horse and began screaming in my ear to ride. Of course later she introduced her sweet nature but I knew that I wanted her from that moment.