Chapter 1.1

snap

His lips formed a weak smile while he kept his left eye close to the viewfinder, his gaze following you as you entered your house.

He was living on the other side of the street but not right opposite of you, a reason for him to hate his neighbours next door.

He watched you leave your front door open until you had taken off both of your shoes, then you closed it without turning around.

Foolish girl, he thought to himself.

You had been so close to danger almost every day. You could have been attacked or kidnapped without knowing.

You were careless, way too careless for his liking.

You would never take in your surroundings, you would never watch the people walking past you.

You would simply take the same road every day and step into the dangerous world.

Sometimes it would rain but you would refuse to use an umbrella. And a few days later you would catch a cold which would last for a few days.

There had been nights in which you would stay up all night watching television or playing games.

The next mornings you would end up oversleeping and running your way to school.

He had also witnessed you refusing to go to school at all, mostly at days in which you had your exams.

You never really studied, you preferred to go out with friends and came back at the end of the day.

You were titled as a student but you weren't acting like one.

How did he know all of this? He had been watching you.

From the very beginning, the day your parents hugged you and said goodbye by the front door.

Their car drove away but you stood, you were now alone to live.

He kept on waiting, the camera lens pointed on the window that belonged to your bedroom.

Then you came, dropping your bag over the white carpet.

snap

He had caught you taking off your jacket, a tight shirt over your thin torso.

He loved it, every sight of you.

snap

He watched you pull off your hair tie and release your h/c hair. He wanted to run his fingers through it, take in the beautiful scent of each strand.

But you walked out of your room, something he didn't like at all.

Whenever you were out of sight, he would begin to count every second you were gone.

Your absence was killing him.

It had been 289 seconds and there was still no sign of you, it didn't seem like you would come back any time soon.

He slowly lowered his camera but his gaze never looked away from your window, he was yearning for your sight.

But not only your sight, he wanted to look you in the eyes and talk to you. He wanted to greet you.

He wanted you to reply to his questions and show him your interest by asking him a few too.

He wanted to be the one making you smile, giggle or even laugh out loud.

Over all of that he wanted to hold your hand and interlock your fingers. He wanted to embrace your thin body and dig his face into your hair.

He wanted to connect his lips with yours and taste their sweet flavour.