Chapter 2.2

Tuesday, 7:34 pm

He damned every moment, every second that had happened in the house. His blood was boiling and he was only cussing the entire time.

Why? Because he had screwed it all up.

He had done exactly what he didn't want to do.

After two hours of walking around in other neighbourhoods, he decided to get back home. Only to stumble across police cars that had parked in front of your house.

The situation seemed more serious than he thought, he never wanted to take it that far.

All he wanted was to steal one of your belongings and bring it back to you a few days later. This way you two could finally meet.

It seemed that it wasn't as easy as he thought it would be, he had brought chaos.

There was no reason for him to go back into his house, it was a too high risk. So he went back and decided to spend a few more hours in the city.

He was angry, very displeased about himself. He should have been careful, he should have thought a little more.

The only good think about the entire case was that he reminded himself to wear gloves. He had left no fingerprints behind.

The police might search up the entire house, but they would never find evidence.

This meant that he was still on the green zone. For now, at least.

But none of this meant that he was going to give up. He couldn't and would never.

He then remembered the phone call you had made. That decision had turned everything upside down.

If only you hadn't called for help, if only you dared to enter your room.

Why didn't you just keep on walking?

Why did you have to stop?

What were you so afraid of?

You liked danger when it came to hanging out with friends.

Why didn't you face the danger in your own house?

You're such a coward, he thought.

But he still loved you.

He still wanted you.

And he was going to get you.

All he needed was another plan, so he went back home.

Night time had arrived and the sky was covered in darkness, thousands of stars filling the beautiful view.

The temperature had cooled down, and his entire body was freezing since he was only wearing his sweater.

The police cars were long gone and all of your lights were off. Judging by the time, he assumed that you had went to sleep.

He hurried back home and locked his door. First he turned on the heater, indoors was just as cold as outdoors.

Then he took out the bra he had stolen, the only thing you wouldn't notice that it was missing. He was disappointed.

Even after all the trouble, he had taken something that wore little effect on his plan.

But now he owned something that belonged to you, something that was making him crazy.

Why would a pure girl like you even wear something like that?

Though, it was beautiful and it would look much better on you.

He held the fabric on his nose and inhaled deeply, his hands pressing the piece harder against his face.