Chapter 3

Lilibeth couldn’t believe it. She wouldn’t believe it. Blaine wouldn’t just leave her. Maybe he was just sick, she thought. But she felt something was off. She sat there, tears rolling off her eyes, until she heard someone walk in.

Blaine! She thought. He must just be late.

She turned around, and saw a tall, fit figure standing behind her, but it wasn’t Blaine. He had striking blonde hair, sharp blue eyes, and a smirk on his face that suggested he was cocky. He sits down on the bench across from her.

“Nice garden isn’t it?” The stranger said after a moments pause.

“Yeah, whatever,” Lilibeth said.

“Oh, I see. Little miss important is too sophisticated to talk to me. They might as well make you the queen.”

Lilibeth looked up, curious about what was up with this guy. “I would make a crappy queen,” Lilibeth said.

“I wouldn’t count on that.”

Lilibeth noticed that the stranger was attractive, but she was still distracted by the continued absence of Blaine.

“What do you want?” Lilibeth asked.

“Can’t a guy introduce himself without being interrogated?” The stranger said.

Lilibeth realized that she was being rude. “Sorry,” she said. “What’s your name?” He wasn’t wearing his lanyard.

“It’s Hunter,” he said. “I see yours is Lilibeth. That’s a pretty name.”

“Thanks,” Lilibeth said. She got up to leave.

“You look good in that dress,” Hunter said. “We should hang out sometime.”

Lilibeth left without saying another word. She knew it was rude, but she didn’t feel like talking to someone right after she found out that Blaine wasn’t in the garden.

~

“What do you mean he was gone?” Sarah asked. “Can’t you just call him?”

“His parents didn’t let him have a phone, and he didn’t say anything about an email either,” Lilibeth said.

Sarah walked with Lilibeth the whole way to her house to provide comfort to her.

“Let me know if you hear anything, okay?” Sarah said.

“I will,” Lilibeth said.

As soon as Lilibeth sprang through the door, Annabelle wrapped her in a warm embrace of comfort.