Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Lilibeth was sitting under the large oak tree with Sarah just outside the school. She was waiting to see if Hunter would be there. She hadn’t told Sarah about the incident that had happened the night before.

“Why are we waiting here again?” Sarah asked. They had been sitting there for ten minutes.

“I just need to make sure of something,” Lilibeth replied.

Sarah saw Hunter walking towards them before Lilibeth.

“Hey look, it’s Hunter.”

Lilibeth jumped up and ran to greet him. She embraced him with her arms and gave him a quick hug.

“Thank you,” Lilibeth said.

“Are you alright?” Hunter asked. “It looks like I came just in time.”

“I’m fine,” Lilibeth said. “I just have a few scrapes from the concrete. What about you? You're the one that saved me.”

“I just have a few bruises, they were too drunk to aim well. The police showed up as well. I called them when I saw the one guy grab you,” Hunter said.

Lilibeth realized that there were people staring at her, but she didn’t really care. Hunter had just saved her from something terrible, and she was grateful.

Sarah crept up behind Lilibeth and startled her when she spoke.

“What’s going on here?” Sarah asked. “Why the sudden change?”

“Let’s just say that he helped me with something,” Lilibeth said.

“Oh, I found your jacket, I have it in my bag,” Hunter said.

~

Lilibeth, Sarah, and Hunter were walking home from school.  Sarah turned her jet black head towards Lilibeth, her eyes still filled to the brim with curiosity of what happened the previous night.

“Are you guys ever going to tell me what happened last night that suddenly made you guys the best of friends?” Sarah asked.

“Well, how badly do you want to know?” Hunter asked, a devious smile plastered on his face.

“Come on guys, just tell me!” Sarah stomped her feet.

“You know you're acting like a five year old, right?” Lilibeth said.

“I have no idea what you're talking about,” Sarah said.

“Well, I guess I could tell you what happened,” Hunter said. “It all started when the moon was at its peak, but it was cloudy. Lilibeth was walking alone in the night, and she saw two men standing by the wall …”

Sarah was listening intently.

“She stopped before she started walking towards them, because she felt something was off. When she approached the men, something started to happen. The clouds blew away and she was trapped,” Hunter paused.

“Then what happened?” Sarah asked, her hazelnut eyes wide with curiosity.

“Then I showed up, almost too late. The men started transforming into wolfs!”

Sarah let out a grunt of annoyance and Lilibeth chuckled.

“Seriously? I thought you were being serious,” Sarah said.

“The way I see it, that’s your problem,” Hunter said, laughing.

“Come on guys!” Sarah said in frustration.