New Years Special

Magical Timeskip 2

    We decided to go to the grocery store since we were done unpacking. "Come on y/n, we're gonna take my car," Chanyeol said. I nodded and we made our way downstairs and out the door. As we were walking down my driveway, Chen and Chanyeol turned right. While I was following them to the car, Chen asked, "Do you wanna ride up front or in the back?" I thought about it for a minute and decided that I really didn't care. "Doesn't matter to me, where ever you put me is fine, " I said. Chen said, "ok, you can sit up front then, " I nodded and got in the front seat. Chen got in the backseat, we buckled up, and Chanyeol pulled out of the driveway.

    The ride to the store was uncomfortably quiet. Apparently, Chanyeol thought so too, and he decided to break the silence. "So y/n, if you're ready by 6:45 tomorrow morning, you can ride with us to school and we'll show you to the main offi-"

    "HEY! How come you only give me till 6:30 to be ready, but you're giving her until 6:45?!?"Chen blurted from the backseat. "Because every time I tell you to be ready by 6:45 we wind up late and get yelled at by Mrs. Lee, " Chanyeol stated. Chanyeol laughed and I giggled. "I'll be ready by 6:45, and thank you, " I said. "It's not a problem at all, " Chanyeol said.

    Chanyeol parked his car and we got out and walked to the entrance of the store. As we walked around the store, I grabbed food and drinks to take home. We walked to the register and I paid for my food. We walked to the car and left.

    As we pulled into Chanyeol's driveway, I checked the time; 7:13 PM. The boys and I grabbed the bags full of food and walked to my house. I unlocked the doors and we walked inside.

    "Where do want us to put these?" Chen asked. "Just put them on the counter, " I said. We set all the bags on the counter and j started putting everything away. "So...earlier you said that your parents were moving back into your old house on your birthday, could you please explain why?" Chanyeol asked. The atmosphere surrounding him felt strange. It felt...I don't, different? It's hard to explain, it just felt strange. "Uhm yeah, " I said, " So my mom and stepdad want the house to themselves, so they decided, hey you know what? Let's buy a new house and then move back leaving y/n there. The onky reason they bought this house instead of one in our old neighborhood is because my stepdad wanted quote-unquote 'New scenery for a bit' and then they told me that they were gonna help me pay bills until I have a steady income, " when I finished speaking, Chanyeol gave me a look that said he wanted to know more but didn't want to upset me or make me uncomfortable.

    We continued talking while I was making our ramen. "Dinner's done, pick a spot at the table, " I said as I handed them their plates. The three of us made our way to the dining room with our plates. I sat at the end of the wooden dining room table, containing enough room for 12 people. Chanyeol sat infriny of me and Chen sat next to me.

    After finished dinner we started talking again. "Thank you for dinner, y/n, " Chen said, "yeah thank you y/n, " Chanyeol quickly added. "Your welcome, " I responded. "We should exchange phone numbers, since we're neighbors and all, " Chen said. "Yeah sure, " I replied as I pulled out my phone and handed it to Chen. He handed me his phone and we put our numbers in. When we finished, I did the same thing with Chanyeol. I looked at the time and realized it was getting late.

    "We're gonna head home, ok y/n?" Chanyeol said when he realized what time it was. "Yeah, and thank you for helping me today, " I said. We said bye and they left. After they left I went upstairs to my new room and got ready for bed.

    I was so tired I just fell on my bed and started thinking about tomorrow.