need a place to hide but i cant find one near ••••••

They rose to their feet and began a silent journey into the forest

They rose to their feet and began a silent journey into the forest. Jeongin kept stealing glances at Chan. He didn't know why, maybe he was still in shock. Chan noticed Jeongins' anxious looks and decided to offer him reassurance. He grabbed Jeongins' hand and held it tightly with his own. Jeongin blushed and they continued forward. "How hard was it, being alone?" Chan asked out of the blue. Jeongin flinched at the suddenness of his words and looked down. "G-good?" Jeongin replied. "Is than an answer or a question?" Chan commented. "I...I'd rather not talk about it." Jeongin said. Chan was silent for a while before he gave Jeongins' hand a firm squeeze. "Okay." He said softly. Maybe Chan was just overreacting, but he felt hurt that Jeongin wouldn't elaborate with him. Chan also understood that Jeongins' probably been more lost now than ever, but Chan was determined to return Jeongin to his happy and bubbly self. The forest grew darker by the minute and the two emotionally drained boys were nearing their destination. Jeongin abruptly stopped and Chans' hand slid out of his as Chan kept walking for a few beats. "Jeongin?" Chan said as he looked back and walked over to him. He wrapped his arms around Jeongin in a firm hug. "It's okay. I'm here. You'll be okay." Chan whispered into his ear. "I know." Jeongin said with a quiet and shaky voice. "You're not alone." Chan continued. Jeongin just nodded and let himself be convinced. But was he really?
Chan grabbed both of his hands in his. "Come here." Chan stated. Jeongin looked up at him and Chan pressed an adoring kiss to Jeongins' soft cheek. Jeongin practically melted from his touch. "C-can we go now?" Jeongin muttered. Chan chuckled. "Okay." He said with a smile. Jeongin wrapped his arms around one of Chans' and they walked in comfortable silence. "We're almost there." Chan told Jeongin. Jeongin just nodded in response. Chan had noticed Jeongins' lack of confidence when speaking. He often spoke low or quietly. "You're far quieter than I remember." Chan commented. Jeongin sighed. "Yeah." Chan rubbed one of Jeongins arms that was wrapped around his. "Why's that?" Chan decided to push. Jeongin just stayed quiet. Chan sighed. "Alright." They walked for another ten minutes 'till Chan looked over and noticed the tear streaks on Jeongins' cheeks. His wonderfully soft cheeks and warm eyes were now covered in sadness. Chan almost had a heart attack. He moved in front of Jeongin and pulled him into a hug. He peppered small kisses on his head and rubbed his back. "What's wrong?" He asked, not expecting an answer. Jeongin softly sobbed into Chan's large chest. "M-m-my da-a-d a-and y-you-" Chan shushed his awful stuttering and tried to calm him down. Jeongins' shoulders shook even as he tried to stop them. Once his breathing reached an even level, he decided to tell Chan what was on his mind. "My dad always told me I talk like a baby." He said. Chan took a moment to process his words before lifting him up by his thighs. Jeongin squeaked, adorably, and wrapped his arms and legs around Chan out of some unknown instinct. "My baby." Chan said seductively. Jeongin blushed and wiggled in Chan's strong grip. "I'm not a baby~" he whined. Chan laughed and kissed Jeongins' neck. "Of course not. You're MY baby." Chan restated. Jeongin giggles a little and totally forgot why he was upset in the first place. He may cry easily, but he can cheer up just as fast. Jeongin grabbed the sides of Chans' head and pulled him down to kiss his forehead. Chan's face lit up. His cheeks were pink and he hadn't smiled that wide in almost five years. "I missed you so much." Chan spoke and nuzzled his head into Jeongins neck. Jeongin giggled and ran is hands over Chans' skin. Jeongin felt Chan soft hair tickle his skin and realized it was even fluffier than it was before. "Your voice is beautiful, Innie." Chan told him. Jeongin just sighed contently. As long as Chan liked his voice, nobody else's opinions mattered. "C'mon. My den is just through here." Chan remembered as he pointed towards a section of the forest. Jeongin expected Chan to set him back down and walk that way, but Chan carried him like a child the rest of the way. Jeongin wanted to complain, but his feet hurt more than his pride. "Innie, look." Chan said as he patted Jeongins' bum. "What?" He said as he turned around. His eyes landed on a massive mountain side with multiple caves. "It gets better." Chan said excitedly. Chan broke out into a sprint and rushed them both inside. The mountain seemed to have many hollow crevasses and pathways. It was an extremely elaborate cave system the Jeongin knew he would never figure out. "Woah." Jeongin commented. "I know right! I've wanted to bring you here for so long!" Chan yelled. "I'll show you my room." Chan grabbed Jeongins hand and dragged him in several directions. Jeongins' head spun and he wasn't sure which way was up or down until Chan pulled him into a really dark room. Jeongin heard the sound of a door shutting and a torch being lit. The room was ingulfed in a soft yellow hue that bounced off of the walls and furniture. There was a king sized bed with lots of big blankets, a dresser full of clothes, and a bookshelf full of random trinkets. "It's a small room, but I'd like to think it's just cozy." Chan said from behind Jeongin. Jeongin walked over to the large bed and immediately jumped onto it. He wrapped himself in the warm blankets and giggled to himself. "It's perfect!" Jeongin claimed. Chan chuckled and joined Jeongin in the warm covers. His arms snaked around Jeongins waist and pulled Jeongins' back to his chest. "I can't believe you're in this room with me. I could only imagine waking up next to your beauty every morning and peppering your face with soft kisses." Chan thought aloud. Jeongin blushed, his cheeks obvious against his pale skin. "Ch-Chan~" He whined. Chan chuckled. Being with Jeongin was incredibly nostalgic for Chan. He was full of giddiness and adrenaline just being around him again. It filled him with the same raw energy he possessed as a child. "C-can I stay here?" Jeongin asked shyly. It's like he was expecting rejection. Which he would never receive from Chan. "Of course!" Chan said a bit to loudly. "I'm never letting you leave me ever again." He said a bit more hushed. Jeongin sighed contently. Some day he would tell Chan about all the pain he had to endure in the years they were apart. One day he'll explain why he was sleeping alone in a dark cave, miles from home. One day he'll tell Chan just how much he missed him, and how much he loved him. However, all he could do at the moment was press himself deeper into Chan's chest and feel safe in his arms. Because the comfort he felt from Chan was indescribable. The feeling of someone 'having' you and protecting you was all Jeongin ever wanted, and maybe Chan was the solution. Jeongin was reeled out of his thoughts when a soft kiss was pressed to his forehead. "What are you thinking about, baby?" Chan asked. Jeongin leaned up, gaining a spark of confidence, and kissed Chan's cheek. "You." He said cheekily. Chan blushed and hid his face in Jeongins' hair. Jeongin giggled. He had never seen Chan act so cute. "You're adorable." Chan said with a laugh. Jeongin felt warm and comfortable. Something he hadn't felt in a long time. Chan felt as if he finally found his true purpose, and it wasn't becoming King of the Werewolves. It was protecting his baby.
———————————————————————
A/N: oh frick this was almost late ;-;

———————————————————————A/N: oh frick this was almost late ;-;

Haha yeet 🤪