Can You Love Me Most?

a killervibe/snowvibe fic

Caitlin couldn't seem to concentrate. Her cold hands wrapped her S.T.A.R. Labs mug filled with coffee as her eyes focused on a random spot beyond the desk.

Cisco could sense that something was off, as he always could. He knew Caitlin almost better than he knew himself. Something was bothering her.

"Caitlin?" Cisco laid a hand on her shoulder and snapped her out of her trance.

"Is something wrong?"

"Oh, nothing," Caitlin blinked. "Just, ya know. Thinking."

About something in particular.

Please ask me about it.

"About what?" he sat next to her.

"Well, my ex from high school, Mason, is getting married. I was invited. I would feel bad about not going, but I don't want to go alone. But the truth is, I am alone." She sighed and swallowed a sip of her coffee.

"You're not alone, you've got me." Cisco gave her shoulder a touch.

Caitlin rolled her eyes to look over at him.

"I mean romantically, Cisco."

Yikes. That hurt.

"Okay, how about this"

Caitlin rose her brow.

You'll be my date?

Please ask me on a date.

"I could go with you." he paused for a beat.

Yes!

"Pretend to be your boyfriend"

Pretend. Just what he wanted.

"Pretend?"

Her heart sank a little bit. She really hoped Cisco would ask her on an official date.

"Yeah. No one judges you, and you're not lonely" He smiles.

Ugh, that smile.

Caitlin smiled at the fact that Cisco cared to escort her so she wouldn't feel lonely.

"Thank you, Cisco" She hugged him.

"Of course"

~.~

They sat in their assigned seating, Caitlin holding a stemless glass of white wine that read

Mason and Julia Parker

True Love

December 12, 2018

Just another reminder to Caitlin that she hadn't found that.

She wanted a wedding.

When Ronnie was alive, their wedding was very last minute. Because she thought he had died and she wanted to marry him before he disappeared again. But she still never got to finish planning her dream wedding. She never got to have it.

She looked over to see Mason and Julia talking with guests.

The way he's looking at her.

Caitlin couldn't help but notice Mason looking at his new wife like she hung the moon. Like he loved everything about her. The little stuff. The random stuff. Like when she snorted just a little when she laughed. He looked at her like he would do anything for her without thinking twice.