Haunting

a killervibe/snowvibe fic

The events haunted her mind and they weren't even real. A reoccurring nightmare haunted her again that night.

KillerFrost was fighting Cicada and he threw his dagger in her direction. The toss was something she didn't see coming. In an attempt to dodge it, she slipped on her own ice. In the rush of adrenaline, Frost faded, Caitlin only slightly aware of what was happening. She couldn't move and she didn't even know why.

"Caitlin!" She heard in her comms.

Seconds after, she heard a breech open behind her.

"Oh, God, Cisco stay back." she wasn't sure if she said it or thought it.

"Your gonna pay for that you wheezing son of a-" Cisco's gasp cut off his spiel of anger.

Though she was facing the other way, she could see it. The dagger went right through his heart this time. He got Cisco for real this time and it was all her fault. The love of her life is going to die.

"Cisco!" she managed to choke out, still paralyzed.

"Caitlin?" she heard Cisco's voice, but the image had already faded away.

"Caitlin?" she heard again.

"Cait, wake up, it's me."

Her eyes suddenly opened as she sat up in a cold sweat. She was in her bed in her apartment, Cisco sitting up in the bed next to her.

It was just a nightmare.

Again.

He's been sleeping over to "keep her safe" since the second occurrence of this reoccurring nightmare. Cisco says he's there to keep her safe when in her mind it's for her to make sure he's safe.

"It happened," she felt her heart race. "again."

"It was just a dream, mi amor, I'm here." he stroked gentle, comforting circles between her shoulder blades.

She just cried, burying her face in her hands.

"Hey," he took her into his arms. She buried her face in his chest. His scent was comforting but haunting. It reminded her that he was still here, but she couldn't help but see flashes of his death in her nightmare.

"I'm worried that it's really going to happen."

He brushed her hair back and kissed the top of her head.

"Don't worry. I've got you."