two

After having lunch with Courtney, Katya went home, intending to catch up on housework. She knew she was well behind on laundry and she needed to clean up at her house anyway, she hadn't had a day off in weeks.

Katya stood by the bed folding pairs of identical scrubs, and placing them in their respective spots. She found her mind wandering back to what Courtney told her. Maybe I should start dating again. She shook her head. I need to focus on my job, She repeated to herself. No matter how much Katya tried to put romance out of her mind, it kept creeping back into her thoughts. I've made enough money as a nurse, I could retire now. I'm set for life. She figured Courtney would say the same thing if she knew what she was thinking at the moment. She finished folding her clean clothes and moved to the kitchen, having no idea what to eat for dinner, even though her stomach was already grumbling. She opened the fridge and sighed. It was practically empty, seeing as she'd eaten all of her meals at work the past few weeks. She checked the expiration date of the only yogurt in the fridge. Finding it expired, she picked up her phone to order delivery. It struck her as kind of sad to be eating alone on her only night off, especially with all of the love talk floating around her mind.

When her food arrived, she tipped the driver and cozied up with her food on the couch. She turned on the tv, and soon after she finished eating she drifted off to sleep.