four

"COURTNEYYYYY," Katya opened the door to her friend's apartment, walking into the kitchen where Courtney looked to be concentrated on whatever she was making. It was a nice kitchen, with white marble counters and big cabinets which housed the supplies for Courtney's cherished craft.

"Katya!" Courtney looked up from what she was cooking. "You look giddy! What happened?"

"I took your advice," she grumbled. Courtney giggled, already knowing what Katya was referring to. "I found someone. Her name is Trixie, and she's wonderful."

"Oh, Kat, that's great!" Courtney chopped vegetables as she spoke. "Where did you meet her? What does she look like? I need all the answers!"

"Jeez, Court, cool it," Katya giggled. "We met at a coffee shop, which is so cliche and dumb, but we went out for drinks," she said as she leaned on the counter. "It's not serious yet."

"Yet," Courtney replied, she raised her eyebrows at her friend and grinned. "Which implies you want to get serious with her," she looked up and winked at Katya.

"Yeah, yeah, hush," Katya replied, blushing. "She's really pretty, Court. Like, really pretty. She's beautiful."

"Hold up, Shakespeare," Courtney teased at Katya's lack of cadence. "Lemme guess, she's blonde, tall..."

"You know me too well," Katya blushes. "She's just my type." Courtney giggles as she plates her dish. "She's got freckles and pretty eyes and a great ass." God, she could look at her ass all day, Katya thought.

Courtney noticed Katya starting to daydream. "She is your type, huh," she giggled. "Maybe you aught to call her again," Courtney suggested as she handed Katya a plate of food.

"May I ask... what this is?" Katya gestured to the food in front of her.

"It's a surprise." Katya wrinkled her nose. "C'mon, you'll like it," Courtney giggled. Courtney was right. Lunch was delicious.

X

Trixie woke up the next morning with a smile still on her face. Was last night a dream? Did I really meet that girl, she thought? Trixie never would have thought she would meet someone who connected with her so well. The truth was, she had given up on love, much like Katya had, but she had her own reasons. The only girl she'd ever loved had left her. Cheated on her with Trixie's ex boyfriend. It felt wrong to Trixie, and she assumed from then on, that everyone was a liar. She didn't want to admit it, but she longed for love, no matter how much she denied it. She thought about all of this as she got ready for work and ate her breakfast.

Trixie was a small town girl, and she never liked the idea of holding the same job forever. She got bored easily and liked to move jobs a few times a year. Currently, she worked as a bartender at a restaurant near her apartment. It wasn't her favorite job she'd had but it paid the bills well.

She smiled to herself as she thought about Katya. Who would have thought? Maybe 28 isn't a bad age to find love, she thought to herself.

All through her day at work, Trixie was positively bubbly.

"Hun, what's gotten into you?" Her co-worker Danny asked. "You've got a glow to ya," he said, looking her up and down.

"Oh, nothing," Trixie hummed. "I'm just in a good mood for some reason."