//TWO//

Our plan worked out perfectly. Nobody questioned that I was with Bailey the evening before (which was the truth actually) or what we've been doing, when I got home. Somehow that took this whole adventure feeling away, but I guess it was better than getting caught.

The next morning, way too early in my opinion, I woke up from a knock at my door.

"Kat!", my little brother shouted. "There was a letter for you in the mail!"

A bit confused and still sleepy I followed him into the kitchen where he gave me an envelope with my name on it. I never got letters and so I felt a little bit like Harry Potter when I opened it carefully. I recognized Bailey's handwriting.

//

Hey Kitty,

If I figured everything out right it's two days after Warped Tour now. If that's correct please be proud of me, if not this never happened okay?

So, I wrote a letter because letters are rad and I like them. Duh. Okay, no. "Duh" is not a word to use in a letter, I'm sorry.

Anyways, in this letter I'm telling you something really important and I'm praying that you won't be mad at me. (Pretty pretty please don't be!)

In the next few weeks you won't hear much from me. I didn't tell you about it but my mom put me into therapy again two months ago, and the doctors decided it would be best for me to go to rehab. I wanted to tell you in the first place but I had the feeling that this would be one of those conversations I hate to have so I thought to myself, Bailey, I thought, why don't you grab a paper and a pen and write a nice oldfashioned letter. And here we go.

So please don't miss me too much and please don't experience too much fab shit without me okay? Actually, no, who am I kidding? Go, make some awesome memories so you have loads of stories to tell when I'm back. If you don't have at least one, I'm not coming back, I'm dead serious. No I'm not. But let's pretend I am.

On another note I'm sorry for leaving you alone with the whole apartement stuff but I'm sure you'll find a great one. May the force be with you!

I love you Kitty, be a good girl, don't do anything I wouldn't do too and take care of yourself xx

Bailey

//

I had to read it twice, just to make sure that I got everything right. For a moment I was upset. No more than that, I was furious. How could she not tell me that she was in therapy again in the first place?! I was her best friend, I cared for her and I worried and I deserved to know! She should've told me. And she should've told me that she was leaving for rehab. Personal, not in a freaking letter! She could've told me when we were at Warped, or afterwards!

-"I'm in a really good mood right now and not up to hear bad news!"-

When her statement echoed in my head my anger faded. Bailey hated it to be weak. She hated her depression and she hated to talk about it because she always felt helpless about it. One night she texted me at 3am that she would sort things out on her own and a week after she didn't attend her weekly appointments with her therapist anymore. Since this text she never lost a word about the whole thing again, she would avoid the theme whenever it came up and I just assumed she was better. But obviously it just seemed like that. And obviously she wouldn't tell me, because she would feel even weaker then. I understood her. I couldn't be mad at her for this.

"Who wrote?" Allan asked from across the room.

"Bailey."

"Ouh, when will she come over? She promised to look at my new bicycle!"