//THREE//

The next morning I woke up in a much better mood than the day before.

"Kat?"

"Yes?"

"Why are you smiling? You're never smiling when you have to go to work."

Allan was right. I hated my job.

"Well, sweetheart, I got a different job. See you later." I explained my brother and left the house after giving a kiss on the cheek. I really was good mooded.

I could've taken the bus, but since the weather wasn't that bad I chose to walk. I plugged in my headphones, putting the musicplayer on shuffle.

-"Cause you had a bad day, you're taking one down, you sing a sad song just to turn it around."-

I loved that song. Actually, Bailey loved it and we always would end up singing it at the top of our lungs in my car, after a day at the mall or the park.

Yesterday when I came home I tried reaching here several times, on her mobile, landline, social networks...But how it said in her letter, I wouldn't hear much from her in the next time. And for a fact you can say I didn't like that. Since middleschool we spent as much time together as possible and having no contact with her at all gave me a bad feeling. But probably it was the best if I left her alone for some time...There was a reason she had to go to rehab.

A loud honk woke me from my daydream. "WATCH IT!" a girl shouted out of her car, that just missed me for inches.

"Sorry!" I shouted back and smiled at her excusingly. She just shrugged and drove away.

It would've bothered me but I was in a way too good mood for that, so I just walked on, until I stood in front of the adress Brad gave to me.

It looked like every Starbucks in the area, cozy, with a lounge part,including a few armchairs and sofas and a few tables on the other side, the counter in the back. The door ringed when I stepped in and a blonde girl, not much older than I was, appeared.

She shot me a bright smile. "You have to be Kat. Good morning!"

"Hi" , I smiled and raised my hand to shake hers, but she was faster and pulled me into a hug. She didn't look like it,but, man, she was strong.

"I'm Raven. Believe me, when Brad called yesterday I was so happy! I hate going through this whole employ-stuff, because you always have to turn people down...I hate it. But I don't need to worry about it anymore because now, we've got you! JAMES!"

A bit overwhelmed (in a good way though) I looked in the direction she called for James and saw a brown-haired boy with a kind smile coming towards us.

"Yes ma'am?" , he asked giggling, so I knew the title he gave Raven only was a joke.

"Come here and give our new friend a proper greeting. Kat, this is James, my unicorn of trust."

He rolled his eyes, then saw my slightly confused look. "I'm gay." He explained. "And Rav made that up as a joke a few months ago...don't get her jokes wrong. She may seem like a ignorant homophobic asshole sometimes, but she's one of the cutest little cupcakes you'll ever meet. Besides mem of course." And with that he hugged me too.

If all of my future co-workers are that nice I will be suffocated by the end of the day.

"Come with me, I'll introduce you to the rest if our crew. James, you may resume cleaning the tables now." The blonde ordered and dragged me to a room behind the counter.  A sign on the door told that it was "For workers only" and I feeled a little honored going through it.

Inside, there were three people, two girls and a boy. The boy was brownhaired, his eyes had the same colour. The girl he was talking to had platinum blonde dyed hair, she was pretty short but I guessed her about my age. The other girl sat on a table and was writing something on a chalkboard, her hair was also dyed in a red/orange kind of way, I had seen before but couldn't remember where.

They all looked up when me and Raven came in.

"Guys, I may introduce you to the newest addition of our team, Kat. Be nice to her. Hayley, you heard me? Be nice." the last part was directed to the girl at the table, who rolled her eyes and was about to shot me an exaggerated fake smile, but stopped in her tracks when she looked at me. "Aren't you the one I nearly ran over at the way here?" she asked.

And then it occur to me, where i had seen this hair before. "Um, i guess I am. Sorry again." I said and smiled.

She shrugged again. "As long as you don't mix drinks the same way you're walking through the streets it's fine,I guess."

And with that the conversation seemed to be done for her. Apparently not everyone here was as hyper as James and Raven.

"Hi, I'm Sunny." The small blonde said and waved at me shyly. I smiled back at her.

"Actually her name is Elizabeth." The boy next to her snickered, what earned him a smack on the arm by Sunny. "Shut up, Idiot."

He just laughed and came towards me. "She doesn't really like her name as you can tell." holding out his hand, he continued. "I'm Collin."

"Kat." I said and grabbed his hand.

"Alright, Collin you're honored with the task to show Kat around. Hayley, as soon as you're done with it, please set the sign up outside and Sunny, you're coming with me, I need some help with the espresso-machine. Everybody's got something to do, everyone's happy -Yes, everyone Hayley, don't roll your eyes like that- and we'll all have a great day!" Raven blabbered, then grabbed Sunny by the arm and pulled her outside.

"Don't worry, you get used to that." Collin referred to Ravens mood.

"I didn't get used to it yet." Hayley mumbled, then stood up and held the chalkboard in front of her.

"Does that look good to you?" she asked and raised an eyebrow at me. Looking at it, I nodded. "Is that a minion?"

She'd drawn one of the tiny yellow fellas next to the information that the shop had Vanille-Latte's for sale today.

Hayley nodded as Collin answered for her. "Hayles loves them, she draws them everywhere."

If it was Sunny she would probably have hit him again, he obviously tried to mock her, but Hayley just shrugged. Which she seemed to do often, same as rolling her eyes. "I'm not ashamed of it. They're cute as hell."

She took the sign and walked outside.

"Hayley's one of that people that hides a very grest and loving personality behind a thick layer of sass and punk-rock-ness." Collin stated. Then he walked over to a closet and grabbed one of the green Starbucks-uniforms laying in there.

"Welcome to the team."

××××××××××××××××××××××××

I didn't update in ageeeees and I'm sorry.

but here's to good news, I will update again later , after I ate some cake, so look forward to that!

xxKaya