Chapter 1: Opposites

Black.
It's all black.
Until a dazzling light was bestowed
onto us.
———

"What....happened?" Mina said groggily. She rubbed her head to rid of the throbbing pain and examined her surroundings.

A dark, cold, wet alleyway. It was all too familiar. Then she remembered how MG brought her into an alleyway and began to yell her name.
"MG! Are you here? It's dark and wet." She yelled continuously.

When she got no answer she puffed out her rosy cheeks and sighed.
        "Okay, okay. Mina! What happened?," She asked herself. "Uhm. We were in the principal's office....ahh. We found a machine, and the lady burst through the door! And, and.......it was a red flash!" She said triumphantly.

     Mina got up and stretched and bit and shivered instantly. She was only wearing her black sleeveless mock-neck and a plaid skirt with short black tights that didn't go past the end of the skirt.
       She hugged herself, trying to contain her body heat. She then walked down the alley a bit to see if she could find anything useful.

       As she continued to walk, she stumbled over a box. "What's this?" She asked. She tried to open it, but the tape concealing it was heavy-duty.

     She frowned at the unopened box and searched the ground for something pointy. She gasped as her eyes laid upon a large shard of glass that was near her foot.
       The horned girl slid the shard down the middle of the cardboard box and opened it. She let out a small 'woooow' when she threw the flaps of the box open.

    Inside were multiple thick jackets with pretty designs on them. She quickly threw one of them on and put another one in her backpack she had brought.
      "Man, this place looks shady." She whispered as her grip tightened on her backpack. "Better try to find a weapon, just in case anyone tries somethin'."

     Mina returned into the alley to look for a weapon. She found a beat-up golf club, a hula hoop, and a baseball bat. Of course she choose the bat but she thought fighting someone with a hula hoop would be pretty badass.

     Then she was off. She walked around the town a bit and noticed how run down and scary it was. She shuddered at the shadows of people she saw through the dirty glass of old worn out shops. She remembered that she still had her phone and she grabbed it out of her bag.

   She still had internet access because she had data, so she tried calling her dad and friends. None of them picked up, but she heard a faint noise that sounded similar to the song she had chosen as Castien's ringtone.
        She decided to call again and when she heard the song that her and Castien recorded together she ran to the spot.

    When she reached the scene, she saw a figure that looked like her friend. She hid behind a brick wall and called once more to hear the person's reaction.
       "We're best friends~ forever! Me and you, you and me. We're the best combo they'll ever be~" His phone sang. "Mina? How can she still have reception in this hell hole?" The confirmed Castien asked.

    "Castien!!" She yelled as she finally confronted him. Castien flinched and turned to meet her gaze with a terrified look on his face.
      "What's with the face?" She asked. She then looked behind him and shock took over her expression.

    "C-Castien.....is that man. Dead?" She said slowly. Behind the boy was a man covered in blood, in Castien's hand was a dagger covered in blood.
     He didn't say anything. "Answer me, Castien. I won't judge." She reassured him.

   "I-I had to. He was coming at me! He had this dagger," He said as he raised the bloody weapon. "So....I bent his wrist and stabbed him." He said ashamed of himself. Mina's face was still littered with worry and fright.
       He felt like a monster. Never in his life has anyone looked at him that way, and now receiving that look from one of his closet friends was heartbreaking.

   He began to cry. "No no no! D-don't cry. We all make mistakes. It was self defense, right? It's okay." She said as she fell to her knees and hugged him.
       "Y-you mean it?" He sniffled out. "Of course I do. I'd never lie to you." She said as she deepened the hug.

    "Please let go of me." He said quietly. "Why? It's not your fault Cas." She said trying to cheer him up. "No, it's because you're smashing my face into your tits." He said louder. Mina realized what she was doing and let him go and laughed it off.

     She took out an old napkin and wiped his tear-stained face and helped him up. She also realized he was shivering a bit.
   "Hey, are you cold? I have a jacket in my book sack." She offered, he was still feeling a bit gloomy and didn't feel the need to be mean so he accepted it.
        "So. Where are we?" Mina asked.
   "I don't know, but it's not Kansas." He blankly said. Mina laughed at his reference and took out her phone.

      She went to her map app and it simply said they were in an uncharted area. "What? Uncharted? Just where the hell are we?" He asked a bit annoyed.
       "We can go ask the people in that creepy shop over there." She said cheerfully as she took his hand. He may or may not have blushed at the fact his crush was holding his hand, but you didn't hear that from me.

     "No Rose Face, what are you doing? You literally said 'Creepy shop,' they could try to kill us." He said as he was being dragged to the torn shop.
        "I thought that too until a nice old lady came out and started to welcome me to town and gave me a free baguette." She said as she kept walking.

     "Hmmmg! Maybe she filled the baguette with anti-freeze!" He protested. Mina looked back at him with the most weirdest judging face he's ever got from someone. "I'm just being sensible!" He yelled. "Uh huh, you keep telling yourself that."
        Once they reached the store, they looked around to find the nice old lady. But no one was at the counter except a teenage girl who was filing her long pink nails.

   "Welcome to Quick- and - go where, ya know what? I'm not doing this anymore. Just get ya shit, pay, and leave." She said in an uninterested voice.
        "So much for good customer service." Mina whispered into Castien's ear.

   The two teens looked for useful things to buy as the girl continued to file her nails until they were down to the tip of her fingers. 
         They got a three lighters, a lot of water, some noodle packets, walkie-talkies, chips, pocket tools, gum, two tasers, a hammer, a disposable phone, mints, tape, soap, and a first aid kit.

     They walked up to the counter with a full bag of things. The girl slowly checked all of their stuff which made Cas unbelievably angry. "Alright now get outta here." She said. "Wait mam, one question." Mina asked sweetly.
        The girl groaned for about twenty whole seconds before letting out an aggravated "what?!"

     "Where are we?" She asked.
  "In the Siel dimension. Fifth planet from the two suns, duh! Where are you from?" She said annoyed as she continued to file her now non-existent nails.

     "WHAT?!"
———————————

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
That's chapter 1!!! Will Mina and Castien find their friends? Will the old lady come back? Is there really anti-freeze in that bread? (The answer is no)
And will that girl ever realize she doesn't have nails anymore? Find out next time on Dragon Ba-[Slapped by copyright]