Chapter 9: Difficult

"Micheal! Cover me real quick, I have a plan!" The winged boy yelled out to the blond.
        "I gotcha!" He said as he sent another forceful blast of water towards the men, sending them flying.

      Aiden flew a few feet into the air and decided to make his move. "Micheal make a water shield!" He yelled to him.

      Micheal nodded as a thick shield of water surrounded his body. He gave Aiden a thumbs-up for reassurance.
       Aiden's wings suddenly started to glow as they grew in size.

       The tips of the feathers began to harden and turn into sharp blades. "Cool!" Micheal said out loud, as his normally timid friend was ready to obliterate their attackers.

  "5........4........3......2......1!" Aiden counted down as he roughly swung his wings at the aggressors, sending the blades quickly towards the people.

      The blades flew in a precise fashion, leading Micheal to come to the conclusion that Aiden had been practicing a lot.

       Screams of pain and agony erupted from the narrow alleyway as the blades sliced and stabbed at their skin. After the barrage of blades, it was all quiet. The only person left standing in the alley was Micheal who was currently undoing his shield.

       Aiden sighed as he floated back to the ground, he knew he had probably taken a few lives. He also knew that he was going to be guilty about it his whole life, but it was either his and Micheal's life or their's

      "Aiden, dude, that was amazing! I didn't know you could be so accurate with them!" Micheal gushed enthusiastically.
         "Thanks. I've been practicing a lot lately." He said shamefully.

    "What's wrong?" Micheal asked.
"I didn't want to take their lives like that." He sighed out.
       "Everyone makes mistakes, they were criminals by the looks of it anyway. It's probably better this way." Micheal said, as he tried to console the boy.

      "Yeah, it would be for the better if we didn't have people who just randomly attack kids running around." Aiden said, feeling a little less guilty.

       "That's the spirit! Now we have to contact Angelo." He said as he dusted himself off. "He went in that direction, so we can go here instead of just standing here, waiting for him to tell us his whereabouts." Aiden added.

         The boys began to walk in the same direction their friend did as they tried to contact him.
            'Angelo? Can you hear me?' Aiden asked in his head.
    'Oh thank god! I thought something might've happened to you two.' Angelo replied.
        'It was close, but we won. Is Chris up yet?' Aiden queried.
      'No, not yet. I hope we does actually does wake up. He never told us his limit. But do you need directions here?' Angelo asked.
        'Yes. We just left the same way you ran, we're near a large broken water fountain.' Aiden said.
     'Were in an old auto shop garage. It's west of the fountain. It's called "Ron's Auto Shop".' He replied.
       'Okay, we'll be there in a few minutes.' He told him.

     Aiden snapped out of his conversation and turned to Micheal. "Where did he say he was?" Micheal asked.
         "In an old auto shop garage west of this fountain. Keep your eyes out for a 'Ron's Auto Shop' sign." Aiden answered.

     "Got it!" Micheal chimed.

——————Meanwhile—————-

    "Where'd they go?" Marco asked Avian.
      "Nehe! Does it look like I know idiot?" Avian asked innocently as he licked his bloody fingers.

     "Damnit! How'd we lose them again?! They're just kids! I don't have the patience for Mary's nagging." Kody complained to his co-workers.

      "Hell if I know,"Avian playfully said as he unstrapped the tank off of his back. "All I know is that I have an abso-toot-ly full tank of blood!" He said, full of excitement.

      "What is it with you and blood?" Kody said, annoyed at his childish co-worker.
        "Where do I even start?! It's color! It's smell! The way it splatters on walls when you slit someone's throat! And most importantly, It's taste!!" He said deliriously as he started to drool and bleed from the nose.

       ".......You disgust me." Marco laughed out. "Don't encourage him!" Kody said as he slapped him across his forehead.
         "Ha, maybe some of the gangs got 'em already." Marco suggested.

Kody rolled his eyes at the male and turned to the bloodthirsty boy. He was currently licking all of the blood off of his weapon that he used to stab a few civilians.

He sighed as he checked his watch, until a small black cat began to stroke up against his leg.
"Avian get your cat." He demanded.
He stopped consuming the red liquid and looked at his pet and smiled widely.

"There you are Annabelle! I thought I lost you!" He cheered as he encased the feline in a bone-crushing hug. The cat meowed in distress.

"You finally gave it a name?" Marco asked him, wiping off his weapon.
"Yeah! I got tired of calling her Cat all the time. So her new name is Annabelle Daisy Toga Francois Claire Alexis Kaitlyn Lupe Sal Le Rosenberg." He said enthusiastically

The two individuals stared at Avian full of confusion. "But it's okay if you call her Annabelle for short." He added.

"Uhm, okay?" Marco responded.
"Hey! Avian, I got a mission for you and your cat!" Kody butted in.

"A mission!? I never get to do missions!!" He says cheerfully as his pupils seemed to light up.
"Yeah! You and your cat have to go sit in the corner for an hour without making any noise!" He said, faking his happiness.

"Wow! That seems like a very difficult one, but I'll try my best!" He says hopefully.
He picked up his cat and bolted to the nearest corner and quickly sat down.

     He gave Kody a thumps-ups, Kody gave him a fake smile and turned back to Marco and sighed.

💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕
    Thanks for reading!!