Chapter 5: New Friend

I sat on a hill just outside the rock wall of the fantasy world. I looked down upon the normal world like I had at the hollow so many moons ago. I closed my eyes, remembering what it was like. I felt like I was there. I heard someone say, "You miss your old home, don't you?" I opened my eyes and turned around to see a male wolf about my age.

 I heard someone say, "You miss your old home, don't you?" I opened my eyes and turned around to see a male wolf about my age

I nodded. "Quite a bit. But... My home is here now. And I shall fight against Darkfire to save it all." The wolf smiled. He approached and sat down next to me. He closed his eyes and lifted his head slightly as the wind kicked up. He said, "It feels nice to have the wind flowing through my fur." I nodded and smiled at him, knowing what it feels like. He opened his eyes and studied me. He said, "My name is Eclipsedream. It's nice to meet you, Cloudheart. I'll fight along side you, when the time comes. I nodded my thanks. We just stared at each other for a bit. I think we were getting closer...

"Cloudheart, it's time to train!!" Leafpaw yelled. I jumped. I got up and followed Leafpaw back into the fantasy world behind the rock wall. Eclipsedream followed us to the training area and sat down on the side lines. He watched as I trained with Honeypelt and Silentmist.

Honeypelt got scratched up a bit. I felt bad. She didn't go to the healing wolf to get help for her scratches. During the evening meal, I went to the healing wolf. I asked her for something to help Honeypelt with her scratches. She gave me some sort of berries and leaves. She told me to put the leaves on the scratches and have Honeypelt eat the berries. I raced off to the kill pile. I grabbed a rabbit. I took the leaves, berries, and rabbit to Honeypelt's den. Before entering, I asked, "Permission to enter, Ma'am?" I heard a yes from behind the vine wall. I entered. I placed the rabbit, leaves, and berries by Honeypelt's feet. She stared between them and I with a look of confusion. I said, "It's evening meal time and the leaves and berries are for your scratches from training with me today. She turned away and said, "I don't need to tend to them. They are small and they won't affect me. I nodded. I left without taking them. I knew she was lying. I could see the pain in her eyes.