Chapter 5 The common room

Professor Mcgonagoll spoke, "As Albus would have said, to our new ones, welcome, to our old ones welcome back. I would like to remind you that all Weasleys' wizard wheezes are banned," Hugo smirked, "to see the full list go to Flinch's office. Now all that is left to say is...dig in."

Food appeared on all the plates and pumpkin juice filled their goblets.

"Ew," Zelia, who had been leaning on a plate, had mashed potato over her elbow.

"Don't complain just be thankful you can get potato on your elbow!" said a ghost as it floated through Hugo.

Hugo winced then said, "who are you?"

"That's nearly Headless Nick," said Flynn.

They all looked at him, admittedly Lily had forgotten he was there.

"Sorry," he mumbled.

"For what?" Zelia asked.

"Listening to your conversation."

"It was an open convo," Zelia said then smiled.

The food was delicious, Lily was so full when desert left that she thought another bite and she might seriously explode. When the food finished Professor Mcgonagall again stood up and said, "First years please remember that the Forest is out of bounds and now...sleep," cheers when up in the hall,"first years follow your prefects to the common rooms."

Lily looked up the Gryffindor table, she saw Albus and Rose messing around with Mat, Haley and James whispering to each other (that scared her,) Ace and Fred dying each other's hair, Roxanne and her friends giggling and finally, at the far end of the long table, a blonde haired girl with a prefect badge pinned to her chest calling first years.

"Come on," Lily said, walking up to the girl, Zelia, Hugo and Flynn behind.

"Are you the last?" The blonde haired girl said, but didn't wait for them to answer before walking off.

"Do you know her?" Lily asked expecting Hugo to answer.

But Flynn surprised her again, "that's Emily Watson, she's my cousin."

Another of Flynn's family Lily didn't like. Watson lead them up moving staircases with steps you had to skip, a boy called Callum Stewart fell when his foot got stuck. Eventually they reached a portrait that Lily knew, thanks to her brothers, was the Fat Lady, entrance to the Gryffindor common room. Watson turned to face the first years, "the password is Dumbledore's Army." Lily felt a longing to tell her dad that's his group was the password but forgot when she saw the common room. It looked so cosy, the fire was lit and older students sat on comfy looking sofas and armchairs. "Boys dormitories are up there," Watson pointed to a spiralling staircase, "and girls up there," she pointed to the other staircase. Watson walked over to some girls sitting all snuggled up on a sofa.

"Well, night," Lily said to Hugo and Flynn.

"See ya," Hugo said and led Flynn up the stairs.

Lily and Zelia turned and walked up the other staircase until they found the door with their names on it.

"Yay we're together," Zelia exclaimed and Lily felt herself liking her even more.

Zelia pushed open the door to find three girls sitting cross legged on the bed looking at magazines and painting their nails. A skinny girl with shoulder length brown hair Lily recognised as Katy Hopes. The girl, who was reading a magazine with a horse on the front, who's brown hair was in a untidy bob Lily also recognised as Abi Hopes. The other girl Lily didn't remember.

"Um...hi," Zelia mumbled.

The girls looked up,

"I'm Lily-" Katy cut across.

"You're Lily Potter!" she shrieked.

"Yeah and this is Zelia Mars," Lily said slightly taken back.

"Is she Hermione Grangers daughter?" the unknown girl asked.

"No, I met her on the train," Lily corrected.

"I'm Katy Hopes," Katy reached out her hand.

"I'm Lucy May," Lucy too shook their hands.

Abi was still absorbed in her magazine. Katy sighed and said, "You'll have to excuse my sister."

Katy reached Abi and hit her on the back. Abi looked up and saw Lily and Zelia, "I'm Abi Hopes."

Lily looked at Zelia who shrugged slightly. Lily's trunk and Lumos where already at the bed near the window, so she put on her pyjamas and drew the curtain around her bed. She fell asleep listening to the sound of Katy and Lucy talking about the best shade of pink nail polish.

This chapter is kinda boring but again characters were introduced. Did you notice what I did with Emily Watson?

In this chapter I created Zelia, Flynn,Mat, Haley, Ace, Emily, Callum, Katy Lucy and Abi.

Credits for the others go to J.K Rowling.