The Fields

It was cold. You open your eyes to glance around the vacant room. Below you was the wooden couch with vintage looking throw pillows hand-knitted from the seamstress down the pathway to the right. Your neck had a knot in it and you could feel it penetrate up to the back of your head into a nasty headache.
You look over to the left and there was the flowing pieces of fabric that made up the make-shift curtains.
Ah. That's where the draft was coming from.
You placed your hand over your eyes as you closed them, your knee bending towards you, then your toes curling inward. You sprang up after stretching out your back and looked over to the open window.
If there was one good thing about living in such a small rural area, it would be the fields.
The fields were full of variations of plants and fruit ready for harvest, especially now since it was spring. The fields were where the children played in the boiling sun, just to settle down with chilled watermelon or ice cream given to them by a man they hardly know.
The field connects the entire town together, making all the neighbors acknowledge each others' presence. Your school, your friends, your family, your whole life is the fields.
And in the fields, almost everyday, is your fellow neighbor, Kim Taehyung.