7

I sat on the stairs to our apartment with a cigarette in hand. I nudged my heavy backpack with my foot contemplating doing my homework.

I flipped my wrist up towards me to check the time.

4:12 pm

My parents get off work in less than 10 minuets, I took a drag as I watched people pass by. A family that pointed at buildings and stores bustled by with loud voices.

'Tourist' I thought to myself.

I blew the smoke out through my nostrils, and watched it blur my vision for a quick second. I looked down at the old concrete steps between my legs, a small black rub mark was visible from this mornings cigarette.

"Hi, sorry we were just wondering if you could give us directions towards the..." The man with slight balding paused while looking down at his phone. "Le Bernardin?" He continued.

I sighed and took another drag from my short cigarette, then began.

"Do you know where 7th Ave Street is?" I asked still holding my smoke in.

The man slowly nodded.

"Your gonna go down that street then you're gonna take a right onto West 51st street and it will be the first building to your left. The door is under this small pillar that says Le Bernardin. You can't miss it." I said while pointing them towards the correct direction.

"Thanks so much." The man said while grabbing his daughters hand and walking away with his wife.

I sighed and released my lungs but hardly any smoke came out. I flicked the butt of the cigarette until the ash fell of. I watched as the ash drifted off with the wind.

"Hey there Munchkin."

I looked up and was met with a set of dark eyes that were hardly visible from the dark hair that covered his forehead.

"The fuck did you just call me?" I asked while laughing and looking up at him.

"You know the cats with the really short legs." He said while moving his hair out of his eyes with his hand.

"Hey you're not very tall yourself Mr." I stated while standing up.

He grabbed the cigarette from my pale hands and took a long drag, then flicked it and handed it back to me. I quietly laughed and took the final hit, the filter part was slightly damp from Joji's mouth.

I flicked it onto the ground and smushed it with my shoes.

"What if I had AIDS or herpes and you just took a long ass hit from my wet cigarette?" I said while walking down the few steps that separated us.

"Well both of those are sexually transmitted diseases which means you would have had sex. Your parents wouldn't be to proud now would they? They would be more mad at the fact that you're not a virgin rather than me having a few cold sores." He said while pulling his coat closer to his body and pointing at me.

"Touché cunt." I replied while pointing at him and heading up the stairs.

"Hey what even is the age of consent here I don't remember?" He asked while following me up the stairs.

"17 I think." I replied while holding the door for him.

"Oh so it wouldn't even matter because it would be legal." He said while walking in and quietly thanking me.

"What?" I asked confused while smiling.

"You know you giving me AIDs or herpes." He said while looking at me.