Christmas Special: Christmas Eve

Angelica POV

Alright, it's Christmas Eve, time to set up the presents. I go into my room and grab the already wrapped gifts I got for my siblings and Father. I have to make multiple trips since I like to go all out for my family. Walking downstairs with my arms loaded I feel the load lighten thanks to Eliza. I smile and exhale. We walk carefully down the wooden staircase and head toward the tree. Peggy almost instantly came over.

"Can I help?!" Peggy said grinning from ear to ear.

"Of course!" I said putting down the differently shaped boxes.

"Without peeking, can you grab the rest of them from in my closet?" I asked Peggy.

"Okay!" She said skipping up the stairs all perky.

Eliza then proceeds to go in her room and grab her presents in her room. Peggy is still little, so she has to go in Daddy's to grab hers. I sit down on the couch and let out a big sigh. I grab the remote and lay down on the couch, and in less than a minute, I'm fast asleep.

Peggy POV

How in the world my sister is asleep at a time like this? I have no clue. Daddy's at work right now and Eliza is practice her songs so I have nobody to play with. I know what you're thinking, invite Maria over for a while and spend time with her. Well, Daddy hates it when we invite people over out of boredom on holidays because...You know, I'm not sure, I mean it's not like he's home in the morning or afternoon anyway. I look over at the presents and decide to make myself useful and start sorting them and putting them into cute little stacks...Like...Cheerleaders! It's a lot of fun.

"Peggy? What're you doing? You'd better not be peeking or Santa is going to put you on the naughty list last minute" Eliza said questioning me.

"I'm just sorting them and making them look like cheerleaders!" I said concerned. Eliza giggled.

"Alright, just, don't break anything...Okay?" Eliza said smiling as she continued doing whatever she was doing.

"Okay!" I half whispered, half shouted since Angelica was still being a couch potato.

After I was done, I went to my room and put my legs up toward the ceiling out of pure boredom. I never know what to do when I'm bored and no access to Maria, I don't have a real phone, just a tablet that doesn't do much. I would love to watch Netflix but I would need the password but the only one that has it is Angelica who is yet still asleep. I swear I am about to just go and wake her up but you know how that weird saying goes. "Don't poke a sleeping bear with a stick" or something along those lines. I mean I pretty much guess at this point, my only option is to be like Angelica and take a nap too. I get up and go downstairs to check the time since my phone is dead and I don't have a clock in my room. I go into the kitchen where Eliza looks to be getting stuff out of the fridge? I'm not sure...Anyway, I look up at the time and it's about three o'clock.

"Eliza" I called.

"Yes, Peg?" She asked me with her head still in the fridge.

"I am going to be like Angelica and take a nap because I have nothing else to do" I told Eliza.

"Alrighty, just don't nap too long, daddy should be home soon since it's the holiday. I am sure he is going to want to spend some time with us" Eliza pointed out to me.

"Okay" I said dragging myself back up to my room to change into some more comfortable clothes.

I get up to my room and open my closet. I grab my silky yellow shorts and tank top pajama set and put them on. I climb into bed and cuddle into my brown and fuzzy teddy bear.

Eliza POV

Well, Angelica and Peggy are both asleep so I guess I am just making lunch for myself. It's about three fifteen so those two are going to have to get up soon so that we can greet father when he gets home. I grab the cheese and ham and make myself a quick sandwich that'll last me till dinner. I eat my lunch and head up to my room to study a bit for my exams that are going to happen when we get out of break. I know what you're thinking, why study on a break? Well, our family is basically set at a nothing less than an A standard. And while it annoys me, it also pushes me. And I mean doing something other than scrolling through Instagram might do me some good. I study for about an hour or so and look up at the clock, it's about four thirty and daddy should be home at five. I walk over to Angelica and attempt to wake her up.

"Gelica" I say tapping her shoulder, but no response.

"Angelica" I say tapping her her shoulder slightly harder. She swats my hand and shifts to her side.

"Angelica Schuyler! Get up before Father gets home!" I said shaking her as she finally opens her eyes. I cross my arms still mad about her hitting my hand.

"Oh! Sorry...I though you were Peggy annoying me to play with her...Where is she?" Angelica says still half asleep.

"She is in her room napping too, she got bored" I replied.

"Good luck getting her up" Angelica replied rolling her eyes.

"Want to come and help?" I ask Angelica.

"I would rather not get punched" Angelica replied chuckling a bit.

I walk into Peggy's room and attempt to wake her up.

"Peggy...Wakey wakey." I say about to tickle Peggy because that is the only thing I can think of.

"Maria!" She yells as she shoot up and starts breathing heavily.

"Pegs? You okay?" I asked concerned.

"Huh? Oh, um, yeah I'm fine...I'm just going to get dressed"  She said looking embarrassed.

"Alright. If you need anything I will be in the living room" I say hugging her.

"Okay..." She said with a tear rolling down her face.

I walk over to Angelica.

"What was that commotion? One of her dreams again?" Angelica asks.

"I think so, we really need to get her to a doctor or something" I say to Angelica with much concern.

"I know we do, but with Father being how he is, that's just not possible without him being angered" Angelica say with sadness filling her face.

Since Peggy met Maria, she has been getting these dreams every once in a while that cause her to flip out or cry. She won't tell us what they are, only that they happen. After about ten minutes passes, Peggy comes downstairs and joins us as father walks in the door. We all do things together till about eight o'clock, when we open one present for Christmas Eve. I got a new diary for me to write in, Angelica got a new purse and Peggy got a new yellow shirt that had the word "Work!" On it. She absolutely loved it. When everything was finally over, it was about nine thirty so daddy sent Peggy to get ready for bed. When she went to bed and was clearly asleep, Angelica and I helped set out some other presents for everyone to make it look like Santa came.

"You girls both now how Peggy can get, I recommend that you head to bed soon" Father advised Angelica and I.

"Yes, we will start getting ready now" I said to my father.

Angelica and I walk upstairs toward our rooms and got ready for bed. Angelica has a bathroom in her bedroom and mine is across the hall from my room. After we got ready, we went to sleep until probably around three o'clock. In other words, Santa came.