Chapter 4- PE

I went to school the day after the pageant, I was prepared for all the rumors. Maybe that I'm not pretty enough to be in a pageant, maybe that I'm too skinny or I'm too tall. Whatever it may be, I was prepared. I had accepted my loss. Surprisingly though, I only got a couple weird looks from the mean girls. No rumors were spread, and I was so thankful.

The day had gone by slow, and I had eventually gotten to my last (and least favorite) class of the day, PE. I went to the locker room to change into my compression shorts and knee pads.

I played volleyball during every PE class since the majority of the class was girls. Also, because it's one of the few things I'm good at. I walked back in the gym and all the girls started bumping the volleyball back and forth over the net.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a large class walk in and sit on the bleachers. After a little while, a boy in my physics class walked up to me. He had a camera around his neck. He asked if he could take some pictures of me playing for the yearbook and I agreed. After he took a couple pictures, I remembered Ron taught the yearbook class. I wondered if he had been watching me play. But I just shook it off and kept playing. The game started getting intense and I started getting more competitive. I started spiking the ball whenever I could and never missing a pass. My team was down one point and I jumped up to spike the ball, then saw it fly off out of bounds, and missing Ron by a couple inches. He picked up the ball, and started to walk towards me. "Were you trying to knock me out?" He asked. I laughed, then said "I guess we'll never know huh?" As he was handing me the ball our hands touched, he made sure to make sure I knew he meant to. Then he said "You're pretty good at volleyball, must be how you got such a good body." Before I had a chance to say anything he had turned around and was taking his class back to their classroom.