Growing Troubles

J's POV

"You're.. Gay?" I look up at Nat. I think he'd completely forgotten I was there. All I could see were his red cheeks. His golden eyes held desperation.

"Y..yeah," he stuttered in nervous response. Michael hugged him weakly.

It was pretty clear they were lying... But evidently, Izzy was oblivious.

"I knew it! I knew it! I knew it! You two are g-" Nat cut her off. He slammed his large, musky hand over her mouth.

"Izzy keep it down! Don't go spreading it.." He muttered angrily.

I couldn't help it. I started laughing. I just kept laughing at the entire situation, but if Nat and Michael wanted to play gay, I'd let them. Who knows? Maybe they were. But, I'm still doubtful.

This whole lake day has snow balled into burdens galore. I can't prevent the wall of stress building up inside of me. Keeping their secret is a burden. It will be anyways.

"You aren't coming in my car... Are you?" I grumble.

Michael had driven my cat up hear. See, my friends could cash in favors with me. He had protected Taylor from a bully, in exchange for the use of my car. Now, Michael had a ride ban with Christina, Izzy, Mads, Joy, Jake, Taylor, and Ames. None of them wanted to come in my car. My house was out of the way.

Christina's car would seat her and Michael in front. Mads had Taylor in her laps, Joy on Jake's lap, and Izzy on Amy's lap. My car was a two door. Small little thing.

Besides, Nat and I lived not today from each other.

"Yeah, I am," he smiled nervously. I groaned.

Great. Now he's driving home with me. First the sleeping back. Now a three hour drive home.

I was seriously just about done with Nat. I couldn't tell if he liked me or not, but playing gay to protect his ego? How original.

"Well, we better get going," Michael decide to butt in. Thank God he has a brain. Izzy smiled evilly and winked at Nat.

After our goodbye's with each other, our six friends were headed home with Christina. Nat headed to my car wit me, but I kept pretty quiet.

This would be one hell of a car ride.