Chapter 17

Cyrus' POV

"Cyrus?" I hear my mom call.

"Yeah?"

"TJs here, is it fine if he comes in?"

"Yeah, send him up."

A minute later, TJ knocks on the door. I look up from my phone.

"May I come in?"

I nod.

He comes in and sits at the end of my bed.

"I'm sorry, Cyrus. I didn't want to hurt you. I promise, right after you saw Ally and I, I took her home. I went to your house because I wanted to tell you what was going on. But when I got here your mom said you didn't want to see me. So I just took Ally back to the Spoon. Then Buffy came and I understood why. I'm really sorry, Underdog."

"Wait, what did you call me?"

"Uh, I don't know. Underdog?"

"TJ! That's what you used to call me. It's from when we first officially talked to each other. It was on the swing set and you were pushing me. You did the thing where you ran under me, which is an underdog. And then you called me Underdog."

"So, does this mean I'm getting my memory back?"

"I sure hope it does." I hug him.

"Cyrus?"

"Yeah?"

"I really like you."

"I really like you too." I pull away from the hug, but then he pulls me in for a kiss.

"We're okay, yeah?" TJ asks.

"We're okay," I say, putting my forehead against his. "We'll always be okay."

"How do you know that?"

"I've never felt this way about anyone before."

"I'm not sure how I've felt about people before, but all I know is that I just want to stay here, with you. I want to stay with you."

"Me too."

"Do you think we'll make it?"

"We will. I know we will."