Chapter Four: The Man In Their Dreams

(Hey there, it's Gumbo! I apologize for the late release, I've been very busy for the past few days. Just in case there was any confusion, the story will be narrated in third-person from here on out. In my free time, I will go back and edit the previous three chapters. Anyways, nothing new as of now, so enjoy the new chapter!)

Location: ???

"Miguel? What's going on?" Miguel watched from a distance as what he assumed was an alternate version of him, was standing in between a woman and a tall, intimidating, man with long black hair and glowing orange eyes. 

"Stay behind me, MJ. I won't let him get his hands on y-" The man grabbed the alternate Miguel by his throat lifting him up in the air as he thrashed around, MJ screaming at the man to stop. Miguel watched as the light in the man's eyes grew brighter, and the other Miguel's thrashing slowly stop.

"No," Miguel said quietly, in sync with Mary Jane. The man let go of the other Miguel, or what was left of him. The limp body fell to the ground with a thud as a portal opened behind the man, who gave Mary Jane a look before walking into it. Once the portal closed, Miguel watched as Mary Jane clung onto the corpse, sobbing and begging. 

"Please Miguel, not like this. Not like this, Miguel. Please, Miguel!"

Location: The Hub, Earth TRN588 

Miguel sat up, gasping for air as he wiped sweat off of his forehead. What had he just witnessed? He took a shaky breath as he got off his bed and walked to the bathroom, rubbing his unusually red eyes. His curly brown hair clung to his forehead as he splashed water onto his face. This was his third nightmare in the past week. Someone was out there killing people like him. Killing people like Miles and Gwen. He needed to find a way to stop this. He needed to find a way to save the rest of the Spider-Men, before whoever killed his alternate gets to them. 

"Miguel?" Miguel turned to find Miles standing at the doorway, with a sleepy look on his face. 

"Oh, Miles. What are you doing up so early? It's four in the morning." Miguel said as he wiped his face with a towel before hanging it back up on the rack and turning to face him. 

"Oh you know me, I like to wake up early," Miles said, yawning as he wiped his eyes. 

"I don't think so. Go back to bed and get some rest. We got a busy day ahead of us, Miles. Alright?"

"Yeah, yeah. You don't look so good. Are you sure you're alright?"

"Trust me, I'm fine. Just had a bad dream, that's all. Now, bed."

"Okay. I actually kinda have to pee, so-"

"Oh. My bad. See you in the morning, kid." Miguel left the bathroom and headed into the kitchen, turning on the lights as he sat down at the counter. Miguel reaches over, turning on the coffee machine before drinking the rest of the water out of an old mug as he waited for the coffee to finish cooking. He watched as coffee slowly accumulated in the pot, steam rising out of the machine, before the noise died down. Sighing quietly, he grabbed the pot and poured coffee into the mug, up to the brim. He never really liked coffee, but the hot liquid helped wake him up. Bringing the mug to his lips, he took a small sip and set it down, a content sigh leaving his mouth.

"Save some for me?" Gwen took a seat next to him, rubbing her eyes tiredly as she shot a web at the rack of mugs, catching one in her hand as it flew back towards her.