The Demon's Ritual

This short story sums up the day to day disappearances of Bonnabell B. Corvalt.

    Bonnie usually tends to her rituals early in the morning. When she would miss out in the morning, she would make up for it at night.

On regular days, it would be like this:

    The grey clouds drift calmly over the town of Whiteridge. Another perfectly gloomy day for a sacrificial ritual, Bonnie thought to herself, as she was getting ready to head out of the warehouse. Her necessities consisted of tools for cutting things open, rags and towels, scented candles, different types of animal bait, and on some occasions, there would be a change of clothes, all within a duffle bag. She swung the strap of the bag over her shoulders, so it rests comfortably amongst her neck. After sliding her mask onto her head and picking up her sturdy walking stick, she stepped out of the warehouse and started down her route, which is west of the warehouse, and towards the opposite direction of Whitebridge.

    In hindsight, her destination wasn't too far from the warehouse, nor was it to close, though it was deep within a nearby forest. It's a place that not many people dare to step foot in, and Bonnie was the cause of that. The first thing she did was set up animal bait, mainly for catching small animals, and on rare occasions, wild deer. 

Waiting for her prey allows her to become aware of her surroundings, while the day was still in its early morning.

After catching a few small preys, she made her way toward her final destination, which was her sacrificial altar.

    She finally arrives at her handmade sacrificial altar. The altar was not like any normal structure, and definitely not a sight for the human eyes to gaze upon. It had stone alignments and old, worn out furniture set in place to be used as placeholders. There were unholy decorations made out of both human and animal bones. There were also skulls of different shapes and sizes, hanging among spears in the ground, created into effigies. 

Most of the altar had been stained in the blood of Bonnie's previous sacrifices, be it animals, humans, or the organs of her human victims that she kills in the name of the cult. As for the smell, indescribably rancid.

    She began her preparations for the sacrifice. She first set up the scented candles, to mask the stench of the lingering odor. After lighting the candles, she aligns her dead prey among the different placeholders of the altar, depending on the size of her prey. She then grabs her assorted cutting tools and thoroughly skinned, dismembered, and dissected the animals, all in that order.

After that was done, she grabbed a bowl that was sitting on one of the placeholders, drains the blood from each animal, and sat in front of the altar, where the middle of the demonic pentagram was drawn in the ground.

    After saying a small chant, she picks up the bowl of blood and pours it over her face, allowing it to fall upon her body. As the blood dripped down her body, she set the bowl aside and began to chant again. This time, the altar and the pentagram began glowing a dim glow of red. 

She does all of this every day, and/or night, all for the purpose of worshipping the Dark Lord, since she is that type of satanist, but also to please the demon she signed a contract with, in exchange for abilities that would allow her to serve Matthew's society greatly.

    Finally, once all the chanting, worshipping, and the glowing red light show were over, she grabbed those towels and rags from her bag and cleaned off some of the blood from her skin, as well as her cutting tools. She then took the bones of the animals, and wrapped them in some of the rags before tossing out the corpses, and putting her stuff back in her duffle bag.

Her ritual was complete, her things were packed, and the altar had been prepped for the next day. She trecked back through the way she came and traveled back to the warehouse.

    But that was on days where she would be completely normal, for someone of her personality. On considerably bad days, she would sometimes take her unconscious victims out toward her altar, and sacrifice them while they were still alive. Those days only happen when she is angry, bloodthirsty, or a mix of both.

She does her best to control herself when she is around other cult members. It's best to not rile her up to the point where she can no longer control herself.