23. Sing Sing// Eric's P.O.V.

Eric’s P.O.V.

“Give me an E minor,” Cam requested, I strummed my guitar and she matched the note with a key on her piano. She asked for another cord, and I gave it to her as she offered a melody. We were quickly matching one another’s paces on our own instruments and quickly our tools became one. And I had to just feel my guitar as I heard the notes coming from Cam’s piano. I found myself get excited as we both found a medley together.

“This sounds so good!” Cam said excitedly to me, voicing my own thoughts. It took a while to actually figure out what type of sound we wanted to go with. Cam, the piano player, wanted to go more punk with our song; whereas I, the dirty guitar player, wanted to whip out a catchy top 40 influenced song. We had to meet in the middle and decided to go with a pop punk song with an interesting riff.

“I told you we could do this!” I replied, we both continued playing our instruments and I watched as she smiled in concentration. I’m happy I could get us a studio with a piano on such short notice, after three days of having to practice in my house when my father wasn’t home (which wasn’t very hard), I could finally sign for this room.

“You shouldn’t’ve waited last minute for this studio Eric,” Mrs. Park told me, tsking playfully.

“It took some convincing for Cam to even consider practicing here, she’s a little paranoid.” I had said quietly, trying to make sure no one was over hearing. That was unlikely though because I went right before the first bell rang so I could secure a spot for the next week and make sure no one else would be here. Still got one of the crappiest studios though, but it had a piano. No more Cam having to practice on one of those weird electric keyboards that she hated.

“This sounds a lot better than that keyboard from my attic,” I announced my thoughts; she looked at me and laughed as she continued to play.

“Thank you for getting this studio,” Cam said finally, giving me a genuine smile, my heart didn’t know whether it should have fluttered or broken. I liked her so much.

“Not one of the best ones, but do you know how many people plan on whipping out some piano skills at the Show? It’s crazy, sucks for them; they have no idea what they’re up against.” I grinned at my gorgeous girlfriend, we looked at each other for a moment and it looks as if Cam had been jolted alive.

“We need to write this down!” She announced, I stopped strumming my guitar and she sent me daggers. “No! Keep playing. I need to find a pen.”

“Alright,” I shook my head and continued playing the medley we had been repeating.

“Get out a pen and get this as well,” Cam pointed at the pencil and note sheet she placed in front of me.

“Yes ma’am,” I teased and started scrawling down what I was playing. We looked up at each other and smiled once we’d finished and swapped sheets.

“I think we have our melody,” Cam confirmed as we gave back each other sheets.

“I’m so happy we did this.” I could actually cry with happiness, but I kept my shit together and continued playing the melody. Cam joined along with me and we added some more parts at the beginning and found our verse music, all that was left to figure out was the bridge, but we had another couple of weeks for that.

“We still have to figure out the lyrics,” Cam noted.

“So you still want to do that duet?” I asked, looking up from my guitar and resting it on my leg.

“Why not? It’ll give us a nice edge, the cute couple singing a silly love song. It’ll be great.” Cam nodded and played a couple of keys that weren’t in the song, she smiled at the sounds she was making and I smiled at her smiling.

“It won’t be silly, it’ll be steller.” I corrected, but continued smiling to show I was teasing.

“Whatever you say,” she smirked down at the keys in front of her. “I prefer my piano at home more.”

“I should force Anthony to help me carry the one from your house over here.” I laughed, suddenly thinking about how Anthony received Cam.

“She’s too nice for this shit dude, and dare I say it, I actually like her.” Anthony had said after school a couple of days ago when we first ate lunch with Cam.

“You say it like it’s a bad thing,” I had said.

“It will be when all of this shit blows up, “ Anthony said, giving me a grim look.

“Speaking of Anthony,” Cam snapped me out of my daze. “He likes me, right?”

“Yeah!” I said quickly, I wondered if it was a little too swift by the look she gave me. “Why? Do you think he doesn’t?”

“Well most people don’t,” Cam shrugged and tapped on the keys softly.

“Well he does,” I placed my guitar on its holder and stood up. I slowly walked up to her as her eyes wandered up and down my body. I sat down beside her on the bench and placed her hands in mine, the sound of her melody died slowly in the small room. “And so do I.”

“Yeah?” She teased, her right hand interlacing her fingers in my own.

“Yeah,” I confirmed, lowering my lips down above hers. “A lot.”

“What are we going to make our song about?” Cam asked, pressing her lips against my neck.

“Don’t do that,” I said shakily, I wrapped my left arm around her waist and closed my eyes.

“What? This?” Cam asked innocently, pressing her lips against my neck again. “Or this,” her lips pressed against the edge of my not-so-sharp jaw. “Or this,” she kissed my cheek. “Or this,” she sucked my bottom lip softly. “Or this,” she cut herself off by kissing me deeply.

“All of the above,” I replied breathlessly once she pulled away.

“Okay,” she said shortly whilst shrugging, she rose out of her seat and I quickly pulled her back down by the hand I was holding.

“Where do you think you’re going?” I asked, lowering her back onto the piano bench, but this time she sat slightly on my lap.

“We’re going to get caught,” Cam mumbled as I kissed her neck.

“The goody goody getting busted for fraternizing with the hunky dork,” I replied teasingly as I wrapped both of my arms around her waist tightly, keeping her in place.

“We’re busting the first rule about the studios,” Cam pointed out while I sucked on her sweet spot, her back arched slightly and I chuckled. “This isn’t funny.”

“It’s pretty funny, why do you think I wanted to get you alone in here? For the sole purpose of seducing you and getting you in trouble.” I mumbled against her neck before kissing her ear lobe. I ran my hands along her back and I felt her stiffen underneath me. “It’ll be a breaking story in the school newspaper.”

“This just seems like a bad fanfiction waiting to happen,” Cam laughed. I kissed the sound from her lips and kissed her cheek.

“We should get back to work, we only have a couple of weeks,” I said finally, tearing myself away from her. And just then, the bell signaling the end of class interrupted us.

“Let’s skip last period and go back to your place,” Cam asked in my ear.

I nodded and kissed her again.

Two weeks until the Talent Show, two weeks until everything will change.