Ch 12 Fair Play

There was a guard with a listing in his hand and you walked up to him with Taehyung in your hand.

"Name?" The man in his blue suit asked.

"V." You remembered clearly. He hesitated for a moment and stepped aside.

You two began walking into the party. The cold metal of your knives shifted against your skin and the handle comfortably sitting on your thigh.

Taehyung walked with you and stopped to take a look at the party. You did as well.

"Didn't know you knew my code name." He said. You nodded.

"I remembered it from the first party... it was the only way I could list us in this one." You replied looking around.

You could smell the booze on the people going by and the people spread out, sitting down, and chatting in groups. There was something odd though.

There were security guards now spread out of the room.

Taehyung noticed as well.

"Two in front. Two on the left. One on the right. Two in the back, where we came from." He whispered. You nodded.

You could see a man coming to greet you and him. It was Daehyun.

His eyes shot to Taehyung and then to you. His cat-like featured, you remembered them. A cup of wine sat in his left hand as he lifted it to you both.

"Hello my friends. You guys came." He said with a smile. Taehyung held your hand into his.

"Yes. You up-ed your security this time." Taehyung replied. It rang in your ear. Daehyun looked at him. His smile faded and he leaned closer to the both of you guys.

"Let's cause any more blood for me to clean up yeah?" He said loud enough for only you two to hear. He leaned back and fixed his posture as his friendly smile plastered his face again. Taehyung looked at him plainly.

A server walked past Daehyun and called her back. He grabbed two wine cups and handed them to you and Taehyung.

"Now, let's enjoy this party shall we?" He said and bowed walking off.

You could feel Taehyung's grip on your arm soften as Daehyun's walked away. He looked at you seriously.

"Stay by my side all night."

__________________________________________

Taehyung went to group to group talking to his friends and you still haven't seen the red headed man all the time there. You were started to wonder if he was going to appear.

"I'm heading to the bathroom." You whispered to Taehyung. He nodded.

"Come back straight after." He said and continued chatting with his group.

You quickly found yourself in the bathroom and you adjusted your dress. The knives that were popping out a bit were better hidden than you thought, and luckily the knives didn't cut through the material of the dress.

Soon, you walked out of the bathroom and found yourself confronted by Daehyun. He looked at you mysteriously. His strange behavior reminded you of a more sinful Taehyung. He's cautious but more dangerous than Taehyung. Taehyung's playful but he had more games than Taehyung himself.

"Come with me."

He walked into a door across from a hall that was separated from the main room. You follow cautiously. Daehyun was a man that could snap in a second and play your games along with his own. He was a person who has no wounds but if you can get past his tenderness, he's covered in scars.

You walked into a room that was empty. The walls were painted white and there was a computer sitting on top of a desk and a chair tucked in.

Daehyung stood in the middle of the room.

"Who are you?" He asked. You remembered saying your real name to him once. It was the first time you met him. He probably knows even though Taehyung had interrupted that conversation.

"Taehyung's." You replied vaguely. He scoffed.

"Y/N. Age. 22. Family. None. Siblings. None. Company. Unknown." He said. You smiled and looked down impressively.

Someone did their research. But not quite enough.

"Jung. Dae. Hyun. Age. 23. DOB. January 3rd. Parents. Absent. Siblings. None. Friends..."

You looked up at him.

"Jeon Jungkook." You said. Daehyung looked at you a bit shocked and surprised.

You did your research before coming. Jung Daehyun wouldn't let you go easily just as Taehyung. The black market has everything if you try hard enough.

"Fair." He replied with.

"However... you're tracking Jungkook."

"And you know he's coming." He said. You nodded.

"He put his name on the list. Even if he dosen't show up, I can track his location easily." You said. He smirked.

"He will. And that means I'll have the bloody mess to clean up after. So please... try not to make it so dirty. Or else I'll have to track you down as well." He said and slightly threatened. You decided not to respond and walk out first.

You walked down the hall and could see Taehyung looking around a bit hesitantly. But you caught something else.

Red head.

_______________________________________

You made your way to Taehyung and kept your eyes on Jungkook. He came with two guards. Which concludes he knew something will happen.

"Jungkook. 2 o'clock." You said. Taehyung's eyes shifted over to not make his move obvious.

"Where did you go?" His voice deepened.

"Not the point right now." You said seeing he was walking slightly closer to you and Taehyung.

He made eyes contact with you and you looked away.

"Taehyung ." You said warning him and he knew as well.

In the corner of your eye, you could see Daehyun come out. He looked at Jungkook and immediately found eyes with you. There was an annoyed but pleased look on his face as he walked over to Jungkook.

You could get a glimpse of Daehyung greeting Jungkook with a bright smile. Jungkook leaned into Daehyun and said something but immediately shifted gears over to you and Taehyung.

You randomly took Taehyung's hand into yours and started to play with his hand. He gave a bit of an odd look and continued to observe the passive aggressive interaction.

There was a loud ruckus in the left of the room and you could hear an explosion go off. Some ducked as some got hit by the attack which included you, however, you were ways from the area so it only slightly grasped you.

Taehyung had ducked somewhere and your ears pierced as you could see smoke and the shadows of people. The sound wasn't clear and your vision was a bit blurred. Someone had taken your hand and you felt a grasp at your other hand.

You looked up to see two people dragging you.

And neither of them was Taehyung.