Chapter 6: May the fluff begin

Cas instructed Sam to hold up his arm. While they walked towards a stone, on where was a pile of clothes and a backpack. Cas sat on the stone and started rummaging through his backpack. Sam curiously looked as Cas took things out of the bag(his arm still above his head like he was an overenthusiastic student). 

Cas gently placed his watercolours, and sketchbook, beside him, also there was a book, and a tangled mess of earphones. "Found it!" Cas cheered. He was waving a bright red medical pack. He took out a smaller bag and took out two band-aids. One was the average skin tone band-aid and the other was a bright pink Hello Kitty band-aid. "The basic person one, please. If my brother sees me with a pink band-aid then I will never hear the end of it." Cas smiled and asked Sam to sit next to him. Then he proceeded to clean the wound with some disinfectant. Sam bit his lip and Cas noticed that. "It's not that painful." He said with a smile. And delicately put on the band-aid. Sam wouldn't have minded having his whole body covered in cuts if only Cas would be the one to heal him.

"Soooo, umm... Why do you have the medicine bag with you?" Sam asked to absolve the awkward silence. "Oh, I'm allergic to wasp stings. I have to carry my EpiPen with me all the time. And I have so many younger siblings, they fall and scrape themselves all the time, that's why I have a bunch of band-aids." 

Cas looked into the calm sea and took his sketchbook. He opened it and Sam was awe-struck by a drawing that he saw. It was a roe deer fawn, with big onyx eyes, surrounded by blooming poppies and long green grass. "Wow..." "If you like it, I can give it to you." "I would love that, but I have nowhere to put it. And I don't want to risk it getting wrinkled." Cas handed the sketchbook to Sam giving him a reassuring look that said You can look at my art, you are trustworthy "You can come over to my place sometimes. I sometimes sell my drawings at fairs and stuff. So I can put it in a frame." 

Cas had walked to the sea and took a cup of water for drawing. Sam looked at the drawing with an art critic's eye, "I see why you sell your drawings, they are amazing." Cas's eyes lit up, "Do you really think so?" Sam looked deep into those elated sapphire coloured eyes and said, "Of course! Look at this!" Cas sat back down and looked at the drawing Sam was showing him. It was a landscape drawing. It had the most fluffy clouds and the bluest sky that Sam had ever seen (Not as blue as Cas's eyes though). Sam handed the sketchbook back to Cas and stood up. "Umm, uhh, I will go and take my clothes." He walked backwards and almost fell over(again). "Don't fall!" Cas worriedly yelled to Sam and looked at the boy as he walked further and further away from him.

Castiel's hand started drawing. It was a sunflower, as yellow as a sunny July day. He picked a light-blue for the background and added some green grass. The more he painted the more he realized that the color scheme was awfully similar to the colour of Sam's eyes. He hung on to that thought and drew with a smile on his face. He was so engulfed in his painting that he didn't notice Sam being gone for a weirdly long period of time.