Chapter 6 - Ryan

I woke up with a killer headache.

I guess thats karma for the amount I drunk last night, not that I can remember much.

Running a hand over my eyes, I reached for my phone on the cupboard next to my bed. Grabbing hold of it, I hit the unlock button and stared at the unfamiliar picture on the screen. Either someone had switched it when I was out of my face last night, or this was not my phone.

The image was taken at a party sometime - probably last night, of two girls and a guy all holding a red paper cup and smiling at the camera. Turning up the brightness, I realised it was Jessie, Joel and Lyndsey from last night.

That still didn't tell me who's phone it was - there was no case on the back so that didn't help, so I attempted to unlock the phone. I was expecting a password - if it was my phone there would be one, but I was met with the unlocking sound effect and the home screen.

That wasn't much use either; the background was a collage of many different band names and logos. I recognised a few - All Time Low and The Maine, but most I had never heard of.

Deciding that it would be creepy and stalkerish to look through this person's photos or messages, I rolled out of bed, chucking on a pair of sweatpants and a black t-shirt and making my way downstairs. My headache was still bugging me and I could get some painkillers as well as ask Joel who's phone this actually was.

Just as I walked into the kitchen, phone in my hand, and saw Joel sat at the table, a shrill ringing cut through the calm.

Shit. That wasn't good for my hangover.

"Answer your phone idiot." I yelled at Joel, rolling my eyes and grabbing my head.

"Ryan, that's your phone." Joel said, raising his eyebrows at me.

Oh. So it wasn't Joel's phone.

"S'not mine. Found it in my room" I answered. "Joel what do I do?"

"Answer it! Whoever it is can tell you who's phone you have!" he yelled.

Without looking at the caller Id, I hit answer, and held the phone up to my ear.

"Jessie? You actually answered?" A male voice said.

"Jessie! Yep. This is Jessie's phone." I called to Joel, forgetting it was still on the line with whoever this was.

Wait. Why would Jessie not answer the phone to this guy? Feeling confused, I pulled the phone away from my ear and looked at the Id. It said: Jerk.

"Yes I'm calling Jessie's phone. You are not Jessie. Who the hell are you?" Jerk replied. I had no idea who he was, but that was what I was going to call him until I found out.

"OH I REMEMBER! IT WAS THAT DARE!" Joel screamed, his words bringing back the memory of the dare I had been given.

"Right. Okay. Thanks Joel." I called, returning to Jerk in time to cut of his rambling about how I should give Jessie back her phone.

"Who cares who I am, I want to know if your name is Jerk or if that's just the contact name?" I asked, curiosity getting the best of me.

"What? I'm Will. But I guess I deserve Jerk." Will. That name was so familiar.

"Okay Will. Hold on for two seconds." I called.

"Joel. JOEL!" I hissed.

"WHAT RYAN?"

"Who is Will?" I asked, "And why would he be down as Jerk in Jessie's contacts?"

It only took seconds for the name to register, and then he was snatching the phone from me, fists clenched and his Nottingham accent getting stronger as he got angrier.

"WHAT DID YOU DO TO HER YOU ASSHOLE?" He yelled.

"What's going on? Joel?" a soft female voice cut across the room.

Slowly, we both spun around to face Jessie, who was stood in the doorway with her hands on her hips.

"What did he do Jessie?" Joel asked, his anger building.

"Will?" she guessed, taking a deep breath.

When Joel nodded, she sighed and said "Okay. Hang up Joel, and I'll tell you."

{Author's note}

This is kinda short I'm sorry but I said I would update tonight and then spent all day writing two chapters of The Mess We Made (my Calum Hood fic) and completely forgot to write this so sorry if it's crappy. :)