Chapter 1

Draft Started: January 6, 2019
Completed: 2019

In the attic of a large mansion sat a 16 years old boy. He was a person of great beauty and innocence yet thin and pale because of lack of sunlight. With neatly combed silky black hair, perfect eyebrows, wide almond shaped sparkling blue eyes, and unnaturally pink lips. There was something about him that at first glance you would notice how lonely he was. He had no one to talk to, only books upon books to read, he had a family but even they ignored him.

He was seated on the window seat in his room staring out the window and watching his neighbors go about their daily lives. He watched as his neighbor Mr. Goldman watered his garden or Ms. Welsh as she tried to get her pet cat Ms. Tibbles, down from the tree. This was a daily occurrence and so he watched with boredom as these events happen, he was so used to it that he could tell what would happen next and so he turned away to stare at his bedroom door that led downstairs where everyone was seated, eating their breakfast getting ready to go to work and school.

That was all he ever did not having a source of entertainment. He wasn't allowed to mingle with the family and could only roam about freely when they were absent from the house.
His mother didn't want to be reminded of her mistakes and he was the root of them all.
He then looked at his digital clock on his bedside table to see that it was soon seven thirty, by this time the bus would come and pick up his sister and she would be off to school. School, a place he didn't have the privilege to go because his mother and her husband didn't want anyone to know about him, it would definitely spoil the image they try to portray as a perfect family. Soon after he saw his sister headed to the school bus that was parked at the side of the road.

Daniel who was 18, the oldest has normal brown hair and brown eyes, a normal face with nothing outstanding about him. He is often jealous of Seth's good looks, and how smart he was, that on the rare occasions that he do see him he makes trouble for him.

The youngest sibling is Tiana who is 9 was the same as her oldest brother with brown hair and eyes, features they inherited from their father. She also bullied Seth when she had the chance but it was for a different reason than Daniel. She did it because she was a rich, bratty child who could do anything she wanted.

Half hour later his mother and Dave drove off to work and Daniel drove his expensive sports car off to meet with his friends. He was alone and finally had the house to himself. He got up from the window seat and headed towards his door that lead downstairs to the second floor.
He was hungry and so decided to make breakfast, he walked through many twists and turns before he made it to the kitchen.
He went over to his drawer that his parents left specifically for him, they locked the other drawers, cupboards and refrigerator because they didn't want him eating anything they ate, they said 'you aren't worthy enough to eat what we eat' In his drawer there were only dry and canned foods along with things to make juice. He opened the drawer and was greeted by flavored crackers, tin sardines and tuna, there was enough to last him two weeks. For his breakfast he ate a barbeque flavored biscuit and water after he finished eating he went downstairs onto the first floor where the home theatre was located.

He has been in there many times but didn't know how to work the television and so he usually avoided going in there until one day he sneaked out of his room and came down there and saw Dave using the television remote and so he had a rough idea on how it worked.

He walked over to where he saw the remote and used it to turn on the television. He sat in a seat close to the big screen and watched what was being shown. A family camping movie was being shown, where the family can be seen having fun playing camping games and fishing. He watched with wide eyes of interest, he wanted to experience that.

Soon the movie was over and a mystery/thriller started to play, it was filled with murder and sex, he also watched this with interest soaking everything up as if he were a sponge. Soon this sponge would soak up too much and would start to leak out and when this happens the results will scar many.

Two movies later he had to go back to his room but not before cleaning up the evidence that he was down there.

Now that he partly knew how to work the television, he now watched it everyday and everyday he would be amazed at what he would learn.
Days passed and he couldn't forget about the first movie that he watched, it plagued his mind, he really wanted to go there and maybe they would treat him as apart of the family.

Seth was a clever boy and did everything he could to hint at a camping trip without being seen. Slowly, Dave began to see the hints and thought that it was either Tiana or Daniel. One night during family dinner, Dave brought it up.
"It has come to my attention that summer break is coming up and one of you wants to go on a camping trip and so your mom and I have decided to take a week off work in July and we'll together".

That same night, things that were camping related were bought for the four of them, the perfectly happy family. They liked to be prepared and everything to be orderly so that on the day there would be no rush.

The one who really wanted to go was excluded and was never considered.
Seth was watching the whole interaction from the doorway but no one noticed him. He was happy but he had a nagging feeling that maybe they didn't include him. He went back upstairs to his room, maybe they would come and invite him and so he waited for days.
During those days he realized that he didn't have any money to buy anything not even a souvenir if he was to go, he knew deep down that they wouldn't buy anything for him and so he would have to find a way to earn it. It was easy to figure out a way to earn money because he  lived in a rich neighborhood and he knew all the neighbors who needed help which weren't much, some were willing to pay $50 an hour for doing menial house work.
He knew who his target was and it was Mr. Terry who was in love with his mother. He knew this because Mr. Terry came over for dinner multiple times and would always be staring at his mother for long lengths of time but was never caught but Seth knew. Mr. Terry is always trying to impress his mother and when his mother was leaving for work he would see Mr. Terry taking pictures of her. So Mr. Terry would be the perfect person to get a job from especially if he introduced himself as her son.
With that he went to bed dreaming about a perfect family which he was included in.

*****

Hi guys, so this is the second book that I've written and I have to say it's pretty good so far. Thank you for reading and I hope you leave feedbacks on your tale with this story.
This is the start of a very twisted heartbreaking story that would have you waiting and wanting to see what happens next with bated breaths for all those horror, thriller fans out there. Again thank you for reading.
Enjoy!