The Morning After

We were all sleeping when I heard Maddie and Joshes mum yell from down stairs that she was home. I jumped up and shook Josh awake. ‘Quick get up your mum is home’

He jumped out of bed and grabbed a pair of sweat pants and dragged them on, while I grabbed his shirt back and pulled on underwear. I ran out of his room with my other clothing and closed my eyes as I walked into Maddie’s room, who new what I would see if I opened them. I walked over to her and shook her awake. ‘Maddie your mum is home get up’

 ‘Mike wake up’ she shook him and he grunted ‘my mum is home get up’

 'Okay Im up. Steph why are you’re eyes closed?’

 ‘I didn’t know what I would see when I walked in, now get out of here and get in Joshes room.’ I replied opening my eyes.  I turned around so he could put on pants and then he left. Maddie got up with her sheets wrapped around her and went into her bathroom that was joint in-between her and Joshes rooms.

I walked down stairs to say hi to Carol, Maddie and Joshes mum. She was in the kitchen cooking pancakes by the smell so I walked in and sat on the bench. ‘Hello Carol. Smells good’

She turned around smiling then her face dropped when she saw what I was wearing. ‘Hello Steph. Is that Joshes shirt?’

‘Oh sorry yes, I wasn’t going to stay the night and Maddie’s clothes are to small because she is shorter than me so I stole his shirt is that alright?’

‘Yes its fine I just thought something else happened. Where are Maddie and Josh?’

I smiled. Im glad she believed me, but wait till I tell her that Im going out with him. ‘Maddie is in the shower and I think Josh and Mike are in Joshes room.’

 ‘Ok. I didn’t realize that Mike was here I haven’t seen him in a while.’ She smiled back and turned to finish cooking the pancakes 

While we ate breakfast me and Josh where smiling at each other and just starring not saying a word while we let Carol talk. I brushed my toes up Joshes leg and he laughed a little making Carol look at him.  ‘Care to share?’ she asked him and he looked at me. The look on his face said “I think we should tell her” and my face said “not now”.

 ‘Maybe another time’ he said answering Carol’s question.

 ‘Josh, can we talk alone for a minute please?’  He nodded and walked up the stairs with me following behind. ‘The only reason I said not now was when I came out to say hi, I was dressed like this and she asked me if what happened last night happened and I kinda said no.’

 ‘its ok I just don’t want to keep it a secret from here’

 ‘And we wont just we will tell her when we are dresses, so hopefully she forgets I was wearing your shirt.’ He laughed and nodded ‘I know we haven’t been together long or anything but I want you to know that I love you’  

‘I love you too, Steph’ with that he picked me up off the ground so I was the same height as him and kissed me. A couple of minutes later, we where in the say position, still kissing, when someone coughed.  He put me down and we both faced the door to see who it was, it was Carol.

 ‘Mum, how long have you been there for?’

‘Only now, care to explain. Steph first because she told me nothing happened between you two’

 ‘Im sorry, I didn’t lie, exactly. I told you that I borrowed his shirt because Maddie’s clothes don’t fit me and that was true…’

 ‘We where going to tell you later we promise that’s what we where just talking about’

 ‘Didn’t look like talking, to me. Wait a minute, if Steph was with you Josh then that means Mike was with Maddie’ then she ran out of the room down stairs and me and Josh laughed.

*************************************************************************

Mikes POV

‘Next time she comes to our house. Carol went crazy, mostly when she walked in on Maddie with only a sports bra on and saw her piercing.’ I said to Steph.

‘Then Maddie told her that I got one too. Now mum is going to kill us, I heard Carol on the phone to her as we left.’ She told me as we walked down the road to our house.

We both walked to the front door knowing that mum would start yelling at us for ignoring her and at Steph for the piercing, I opened the door and Steph walked in first. We quietly made our way to the stairs hoping mum wouldn’t hear us but she was sitting at the top of them with a box next to her.

She looked us both in the face and then looked down at Stephs stomach. We both looked at each other and we both new what one another was thinking, it comes with being twins. Steph pulled her top up a bit to show mum the piercing, mum smiled and Steph and I frowned.

 ‘Im not angry with the piercing I was going to ask if you wanted it done

for your birthday, Im angry that you didn’t listen to me.’

 ‘Sorry mum.’ We both said at the same time. ‘What is the box for?’ I asked her looking at it.

 ‘you ignored me and lied to Carol so Im taking five items out of your rooms and when I trust you again you get to choose one to get back then after that I let you pick one a week that means about a month without the items you use most.’

 ‘But I didn’t know about the message you sent Mike until after Josh and I…..you know what Im talking about.’ Steph said in a childish voice.

 ‘Mike is she lying?’

 ‘No’

 ‘Fine you only get four items taken and Mike gets five’.  Mum got up and grabbed the box and went into my room. She took my: Laptop, Ipod, Pillow, TV and his stash of lollies. Out of all she took I want my lollies back. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Steph tiptoe into her room and put her laptop in her school bag. I was going to tell on her but I can black mail her and make her let me borrow it.

 Stephs POV

 I grabbed my laptop and shoved it in my school bag. I new that I could say I left it at school in my bag but I new that she would find my bag so I shoved my school bag behind my clothes in my closet. She walked in my room so I quickly grabbed my favourite cardigan and put it on so she couldn’t take it.

‘Steph give me that cardigan its number one on my list along with your pillow laptop and Ipod.’ I listened and gave her my cardigan.

‘My laptops at school with my school bag’

‘Then I will take your TV instead’ I cant believe that she took our pillows, humans are ament to sleep on pillows so why take them?

Thank you for reading this far please comment and suggest ideas for upcoming chapters. This chapter took longer to Wright because it is longer then the others.