Weekend house

OMG Im sooo sorry for the really late update, it was my birthday about a week ago and my friends put together a week away at the beach so that’s why I haven’t uploaded thank you for waiting.

Josh’s POV

I have this feeling that Steph is avoiding me, although I don’t know why it seems she is trying to do the right thing. I scrolled through my contacts on my phone, just as I was about to click on her name my phone rang. It was dad, I answered it after two rings and I heard his loud husky voice on the other end. He was talking to someone but it wasn’t me, I could only guess it was some gorgeous blond or brunette.

‘Hey son, your mother is having a girl’s weekend with Maddie and her little friend. She told me to take you to the holiday house and have a father and son weekend. I will pick you up at seven am so be packed.’

‘But dad Im hanging with “Maddie’s little friends” brother on the weekend and I cant cancel, so I will just have to cancel with you.’ I hope he falls for that I didn’t know what to say to get out of it so I used Mike.

‘More the merrier son, bring him along. Seven oh-clock sharp don’t be late.’ And he hung up, let’s just hope Mikes not busy. I called Mike and he picked up on the first ring meaning he had the phone in his hand.

‘Hey Mike, nice day don’t you think?’ I asked him trying to act casual but he blows it off.

‘What do you what Josh?’

‘No need to snap. I just wanted to ask you if you wanted to go away for the weekend.’  I crossed my fingers in hope. 

‘Sure when do we leave?’ I let out a breath that I didn’t know I was holding.

**

We jumped in the back of dads old ford falcon and sat in a comfy silence until about half way there in the middle of know where, only trees and birds in sight for miles, when the car came to a jumpy stop. I shook my head when dad tried to start the car again but it just sounded like a sick elephant dieing and stoped again. He popped the bonnet and got out to have a look. Only little words where shared while we tried to find the problem but dad only walked to the car and grabbed his phone, then he started kicking the tyre on the car and swearing, I guess he has no signal. Me and Mike grab ours but we have got nothing as well.

I went and got into the drivers seat and looked at the fuel gage but it says we have half a tank so that wasn’t the problem. I looked at the temperature gage and it was all the way to the top, its over heated. The car over heated because there is know water in the car to keep it cool, I new I should’ve checked everything before we left but I thought dad might of changed his dumb ways but I guess I was wrong. I jumped out of the car and just looked at dad, he gave me a look that said “not my fault we’re stuck here” but it is his fault. ‘The car is over heated, that is your fault you should of checked it.’ I yelled at him.

‘Guys we still have about an hour until we get there, do you think we could go without water until at least the next town?’ Mike stated before I could yell more at dad. Then i clicked onto what Mike was getting at, we have three big bottles of water in the car. I smiled at Mike and grabbed all of the bottles of water; I walked to the bonnet again and poured the water in the right hole. We waited five minutes before we tried restarting the car, it turned on and we went back to the comfy silence that held the rest of the way there.

The holiday house was about a ten minute drive to the nearest town, it is also about a two minute walk to a private beach. The beach was the backyard of the house, and the house was one of five with at least a ten minute walk in between each one. Each room had its own balcony and ensuite bathroom attached. My room was a pale blue colour with carpet the colour of sand, a double bed and a desk on one wall and a walk in rob on another. The opposite wall from the door has a large window with white lace curtains tied to the sides.  The other bedrooms all have the same style but different colours.

I grabbed a pair of swimming shorts and put them on, I also grabbed my surf board that I keep here because this is the only time we go to the beach, and ran down the hall to get Mike. I didn’t know if Mike could surf or not so I grabbed Maddie’s board anyway. We ran down to  the beach as fast as possible and dumped our boards on the sand, we looked at one another and then we bolted straight for the water, I reached the water about a split second before Mike and I shouted in victory.

After mucking around in the water for a while we went and lay on our towels, sunbaking if you may. We lay there talking about anything that came to mind, anything not including the girls in our life. ‘Yeah I know right school sucks…especially with that stupid new English teacher, I really hate him.’

‘He just about ruined everything, Im glad me and Steph changed fro his class.’ I looked at him funny but he was to busy drawing in the sand to notice.

‘What did him just about ruin and why did you and Steph leave his class.’ He closed his eyes and then opened them again.

‘A-ah he f-failed me on a-a pop quiz….but I got all the answers right?’ he stated but it sounded more like a question then a statement. I nodded not knowing what to think and then grabbed my surf board and went out into the water. Mike joined in minute’s later surfing like a pro and making me look like a beginner.

We spent most of our weekend out here on the waves or inside playing with the pool table or the foosball table. Then we had to leave to go back to our everyday life with drama and worries. Im kind of glad to go back because I miss Steph, not to mention my laptop that I forgot to bring. Thinking of Steph I will have to try and remember to ask her why she has been avoiding me lately, maybe she needed that girls weekend to clear he head.

Next upload will be sometime in the next couple of days then hopefully back to everyday x