Was It a Dream????

He Came to Rescue Her Once Again!!!!

Suddenly she heard a knock at her door and she jumped up…. She felt like fainting on the bed with fear when she heard the knock again, it was a slow knock as if somebody was afraid too….. She looked around her switched the bedside lamp and while holding a vase in her hand she slowly headed towards the door…. The knock came again and this time she heard her name called out as well…. Softly in a cautious whisper and Maryam’s heart came in her throat….. Shehryaar!

She opened the door with trembling hands and somebody hurriedly came inside, closing the door again, maryam stood there all frozen in her place the vase still in her hands… she couldn’t move. He turned slowly and faced her….

They were standing there facing each other… both breathing heavily, both saying nothing but looking at each other.

“To is gamley se welcome kerne wali then begum ap mera?” shehryaar said in a whisper and bent forward to take the vase from her hand but she backed off

“q aaye hen ub ap? Abhi bhi na ate na” Maryam said with eyes wet again. Shehryaar felt his heart racing he stepped forward, but she again took a step back

“acha…am sor

“nai ap jaen… go from here, I don’t need you, I need no one…I…..

“Maryam stop….stop it!....” she kept on backing off and saying whatever came in her mouth when suddenly shehryaar grabbed her from her arms and pulled her close to him.

“Look at me….. look-at-me-Maryam” Shehryaar said, emphasizing every word and she slowly looked up into his eyes, tears rolled down

“Am sorry Maryam…. Am so sorry to let you go, am so sorry to let you come here alone….. am sorry that I let you cry” Shehryaar looked deep in her eyes and said, each word filled with sincerity, love and concern. She felt her world was holding her at the moment and she hugged him, wrapping her arms around him tightly, he hugged her back, snaking his arms around her, he slowly patted her back with one hand while the other in her hair, fingering her locks feeling the softness and inhaling her scent. Maryam cried on his chest, grabbing his shirt in her fists tightly, she emptied herself, but didn’t leave him as if she was afraid of letting him go…as if she was afraid that she would wake up from her dream and there would be no Shahryaar.

“mein aa gaya hoon na… all will be fine begum, don’t worry” Shehryaar tried to calm her down and said softly still holding her in his arms, slowly she felt a bit shy and let him go slowly but reluctantly…. She looked down on the floor while shehryaar was still holding her hands

“yahan dekho!” he said softly and she looked up at his face

“begum! You cry a lot…..what am gonna do with you” Shehry said seriously and she smiled… smiled after so many days. She kept on looking into his eyes, she never felt so safe, so secure before.

“kab se nai soi ho tum?Shehry asked, looking at her puffed eyes and dark circles

“pata nai….. I just couldn’t sleep shehryaar, I …I was so afraid of loosing you…I

SShhhh…. Chup, am here Maryam, with you, and there is no way am gonna leave you. You are my life, my happiness….everything. Never think like this again” Shehryaar said and bent down, he kissed her forehead.

“ap yahan kese aaye?” Maryam asked him and he smiled

“I will tell you everything… but right now am hell tired man” Shehry said, stretching his arms wide and maryam felt like hugging him again, but she at once slapped herself mentally and hid her smile.