♥ 1 | That One Night ♥

Edited A/N: Hello, this chapter has been heavily edited so if certain comment threads don't make sense or things are just different in general then this is the reason.

Also the chapter cover art and end card art were both made by me ('')

Please enjoy.

...

PART 1

Everywhere you glance or peer, only a handful of people fill the streets

Everywhere you glance or peer, only a handful of people fill the streets. The roads are somewhat deserted in a similar fashion, a couple of cars driving by from time to time.

The night just rolled into its later hours and for whatever reason in this city, on every weekday of every month, season or year, most people we're at their homes.

Whether it was due to fatigue from work or some other daily responsibilities, very few people seemed to have any business this time of day.

It honestly gave the city the atmosphere of a ghost town that came to being in the late hours of the night.

It was very peculiar, yes but appreciated all the same.

Because for Izuku Midoriya, it means it's that time of the day where his mind, body and soul can reunite with tranquility.

The tranquility that vanishes during the many, long, hellish hours of the day.

For Midoriya, it genuinely always surprises him how the quiet, subtle night contrasts the bustling, chaotic day. It makes him wish it was nighttime all the time. Where he can drift to sleep and enter the peaceful dreamland, remaining there forever.

Yup, he never gets tired of the night. The indigo sky decorated with countless stars, giving his eyes something gorgeous to get lost in.

The silence, the peace, the beauty of this one night, was enough to make Midoriya sigh in bliss before letting out another sigh — this one defeated — only moments after.

Honestly, he doesn't want to admit it, but he's had enough of his routine, uneventful life. It's strange to think about now, since Midoriya's life was nothing but fun and excitement just a couple of years ago.

Man, he was so alive, constantly bursting with interest and creativity. Some days he wouldn't get a wink of sleep because of how excited he was for the next day.

Midoriya chuckles dryly, staring at each street light he walks by through his shaded view.

Things were so different. Things were so simple.

The magic, the spark, the energy, the wonder; they were all gone, replaced by mundane repetition...

And suffocating stress.

So much suffocating stress.

Every. Single. Day.

Today especially was very stressful, to the point where he just needs to be alone. He's been searching for a nice, tranquil place where he can just unwind.