A Force Untamed

Summary: On the day you should have died, you are met with a life-altering fate; an indescribable ability and a man equally peculiar. Your new life, forever changed, would be your sudden rise and resulting downfall.

----

With an ominous rumble, the clear blue sky tore open like a ripped stitch. The bright afternoon with its scorching sun and sweat-inducing shine slipped into a flurry of booming thunder and tepid rain. Shocks of wind whipped through the skyscrapers, molding rain into lethal spears.

Your hair collided with your face, obscuring your vision and knocking you off balance. Stumbling back into the street, you slipped in a murky mixture of water and car oil. A car screeched, hydroplaning to avoid your exposed head. Instead, you cracked your skull on the ribbed asphalt. With a yelp and a splash, you scurried back, pressing your spine into the door of an abandoned car. Eyes burning from contact with oil and blood, you wiped the pain from your lids, drawing a red streak across your face like a mask.

The storm built, growing deafening with every each second. Wind and screams spun into a rickety conflagration of anger and sorrow. The only thing subduing a tornado was the buildings shattering its flight path.

Breathing hard, your side thrummed with a dull aching with each shallow wheeze. You reached for your side, pressing shaking fingers through a cut in your jacket. Waves of red coursed down your fingers as you brought your hand to your line of vision. Leaning your head back and opening your arms, you let the rain wash the blood and oil sticking in patches to your skin. The soft hair on your arms stung as the water ripped away clumps of grime.

As the world shattered around you, you laughed a throaty, painful laugh. Water invaded your clothing, weighting them down, straining the cut on your side. Material clung to you like a second layer of flesh. You shiver with a soul deep chill.

A brilliant shock of light traveled over your head, colliding with the skyscraper behind you. The storm filled with glass as the building's windows shattered above. Unable to differentiate glass and rain, you tumbled down, guarding your head with your hands. Glass connected with your skin, forming thin, railroad tracks of cuts before embedding under your skin.

As the barrage ended, a groaning began. The building swayed, uncomfortable in its foundation. You screamed, standing quickly enough to tug at your injured side. Onlookers rushed past, shoving you every direction like a top, vying to escape the building's warpath.

Your fingers tingled with energy or adrenaline, you weren't sure. But the sensation built, wrapping through your veins like a thief in the sewers, rushing every direction. Spots of heated red prickled your skin, illuminating your tracks of veins. Your body lunged forward, throwing your arms to the side, bereft of your own decision to do so.

Blinding light exploded like an atom bomb accompanied with the following mushroom cloud. Energy rippled through the street, tearing the ground like a jump rope as it moved. The falling building wobbled at the impact and reversed its course, headed the other direction, opposite your prone form in the street.

Body swimming with energy, you fell to your knees. Shards of glass and obliterated asphalt lodged inside your legs as you landed.

"What have we got here?" A smooth voice lingered at your side. Your neck cracked with each movement as you turned to look up him. "Did you level the entire square?"

You groaned, recognizing the man with the regal stance and sly stare. For standing in the center of a raging, unnatural disaster, he remained unaffected.

Of course they were here.

"Are you not Midgardian?" Loki pushed his tongue against his cheek and dragged his stare across your breaking form. "I'd love you to explain to me how you accomplished this." He flicked his hands towards the destruction in your wake.