seventeen || a question i can't answer

(Y/N)'s POV

It was a small glistening item on the ground that caught my eye just as I was about to wash my face after nearly an hour of crying. So small that you could barely see it, but I managed to turn my gaze on the tiny piece of paper lying right in front of my bedroom door. At first, I thought nothing of it and proceeded to enter the bathroom, but something in me told me to pick it up. However, I shrugged it off. I continued to walk towards the white door at the end of the hallway when that 'something in me' screamed at me to turn around and inspect whatever it was on the ground.

So I did. And I was so glad that I had listened to myself.

The letters written on the paper looked as if whoever wrote it were on hurry, thus making the words a little uneven and somewhat hard to read. But, I managed. Squinting my eyes and drawing the paper close to my face, I slightly gasped as I realized what the person was trying to tell me.

It was written Cecilia, announcing that she had taken Ash somewhere in a forest close here. I was confused. Why would she tell me where she was? But I shook it off and continued reading anyway.

(Y/N),

You have been too late to save him, so now, your goal is to find your loved one and rescue him from me. I am with Ash at a forest near this house. If you do happen to locate us, beware, for I will make sure you will both suffer for what you two have done to my parents.

You may not have noticed, but I was watching you. I was watching you and Ash that day as you kill them mercilessly. As I stared helplessly, all you two did was put them in even more agony.

I've already took him from you. Now, I'll take you from him.

That way, you'll find out what it feels like to lose a person you love. Right in front of you.

-Cecilia

I stared in horror at the letter in my shaking hands, and before I knew it, I was on my knees, the pain from earlier hitting my again. Only one thought crossed my mind. One thought that kept on lingering around my head. One thought that drove me utterly confused.

What did we do to her?

---