Chapter 2.

We were seated at the closest restaurant to my workplace, the walk was kind of quiet but, what was I even expecting if this was the first time we were actually hanging out?

"So Mr. Jones. What is it you do exactly?" She says as she pops a fry in her mouth. "I'm an Executive Assistant." 

"You're an assistant?" She looks up at me slightly shocked and I smile at her. "Not just an Assistant, the Executive type."

"I don't get it."

"Well, I basically do all the stuff that the CEO would do, means I have to know and understand clearly what my employer does." 

"That's dumb, why aren't you the CEO then?"

"Because my dad isn't ready to step down." She chuckles. "You're a trainee then?"

"If that makes you understand my job more then yes, I am a trainee." 

"Well at least you have a job that pays well, I'm looking for something different."

"What do you have in mind?" I ask before taking a sip of my ice tea. "Not sure, I need something that pays well and gives me enough time to be with my son at the same time."

"I understand." 

"Yeah so, how long do you normally take lunch breaks?"

"I have more of a working lunch than a lunch break."

"That's sad, so the only time you stop working is when you're home or playing poker?"

"And right now." She looks at me for a few seconds then smiles softly. "Maybe I should stop by for lunch more often then." I chuckle. "Maybe you should."

~8~

Four days after our lunch date, she stopped by, we texted a bit more often and talked once over the phone before I fell asleep. I know, I fell asleep on her and it's been haunting me since, what if she thinks she's boring to talk to and never calls again? Maybe I should call, I'll do it tonight after she leaves work.

I look at my watch, it was time to leave the office and go to the game. 

The Golden Nugget became one of my favourite place since I met Dakota, I'd never miss a night and she'd never miss serving my table. When I stepped inside I never felt more welcome in any place and then I saw her walking toward me, her hair bouncing as she moved, her breast bubbling at the top of the corset dress that now had lace sleeves that started from her arm and not her shoulders, it stopped above her knees and that was also lace. 

I was confused as to what theme her boss was going for, was it burlesque, masquerade with the mask or was it something else? 

"Isaiah!" She flings her arms around my neck squeezing me in a hug and I wrap my arms around her. "Hey." I say smiling as I held her, it was strange, the first time she actually touched me and I was savouring the moment. "I thought you weren't going to show up tonight." She says as she pulls away from me, I smell the alcohol on her breath and sigh, of course she wouldn't do this without a boost. 

"It's still early, have you been drinking?" She chuckles. "I want you to meet someone." She grabs my hand ignoring my question and pulls me in the direction of the bar. "Ricky!" She calls out as we get closer. "Ricky!" She calls again and a blonde turns around as she dries some drinking glass. "Ricky Isaiah, Isaiah Ricky." 

"Nice to meet you." I hold out my hand to shake hers and she smiles at me as she holds my hand and shakes. "Nice to meet you too." 

"Aww, it's nice having my friends meet." Friend?? I release her friend's hand and put both hands in my pockets and clear my throat. "Yeah, nice." I look at her as she looks at Ricky, something was wrong with her if she was drinking on the job.