Chapter 19.

There was a huge smile on my face as I rolled over in bed with my eyes closed. Despite the fact that I was all alone and Dakota had left; I was at peace.

Last night might have been filled with twist but, the best part was how it ended. Me between Dakota's legs and falling asleep with her beside me.

I finally open my eyes looking up at my ceiling in pure content. Things were looking promising for us and hopefully, she will be completely mine and I'd have a stepson and children of my own. Hopefully.

"Good morning to you too." I'm startled by Katherine's presence and voice as I step into my bathroom butt naked grabbing my cock to hide it. "Nothing I've never seen before Izzy." She winks and I roll my eyes.

"What are you still doing here?" She shrugs her shoulders. "Hopefully wishing that morning wood a final goodbye."

"Not a chance." I shake my head at her and step into the shower sliding the doors behind me. "You used to enjoy me making use of it, what's changed?"

"You really expect me to answer that?" I see her fold her arms through the glass as she looks up at me. Fog from the steam, where are you?

"I always knew you guys were more than you let off, I just don't understand why you'd lie to me about it."

"I never lied to you, I just refused to tell you about my sex life."

"So it was just sex then?"

"Why are you interrogating me?"

"Peace of mind."

"Right, you're making me uncomfortable so please get out, I need to finish my shower so I'm not late for work."

"You're in love with her aren't you? That's why every time you would change the subject or walk away from me when I was about to tell you that I'm in lo-."

"Katherine, we are not together anymore and I really wish you knew the answer to all these questions just so you wouldn't ask me but, I don't intend on helping you with the answers." She sighs then unfolds her arms then folds them again and I watch her.

"Were we ever together Isaiah?" She stands waiting and I look away putting my face under the shower. The only possible answer for that would be no. We might have done things to make it seem as if but, I knew within me the second Dakota changed her mind I'd go running.

When I look back in Katherine's direction she was gone. I sigh, I knew that hurt and I didn't mean for it but, I just can't help it.

Whenever it comes to Dakota I can't fucking help it.

~*~

Today was extremely busy and I was tied around my desk. So much shit was going wrong from the moment I had to be the one to bring Katherine to a safe location until I got here.

I was tired, hungry and up to my neck in work and calls.

"Knock knock." I hear Dakota say as she steps in my office. "Hey." I look at her for a second, smiled then went back to work.

"I brought you lunch but, it looks as if you won't even have time to drink the juice. She walks around my desk and stands beside me.

"Drink? I don't even have time to smell the food." She laughs. "If you can crack a joke then you do and what happened to your shirt?" She begins touching me and I look down.

"Oh that, coffee, spilled it everywhere even my pants."

"Isaiah stop for a moment."