Apple Pie (12)

Taeyeon watches from behind the curtains as the black car drives out of the driveway next door and down the street before it turns the corner and disappears.

She walks over to the phone and waits anxiously, biting her thumb.

That's when Key sees her, on his way down the stairs while fixing his tie. "Wow. You're really horny, aren't you?"

"Shush!" retorts Taeyeon without taking her eyes off of the phone.

"Take it easy. She's probably not done with her time of the month yet," he says.

"She better be or else it'll be my time soon."

"Aha. I was right. You're horny." The man points at his friend and laughs at the glaring woman. "Even if she's done, her husband just left. Wait another hour, at least, before you do anything. Wouldn't want to be caught red-handed, would you?"

"He won't come home."

"You'll never know. He could've forgotten his wallet or lunch or something."

Taeyeon dismisses her friend with a wave of the hand and the latter bids her goodbye as he goes to work.

She keeps checking the clock, knowing that Tiffany would call soon, because despite wanting to reduce their meeting frequency, the woman still calls every day to talk.

Minutes later, when the phone remains silent, the blonde decides to follow her friend's advice and goes about her chores to keep herself distracted while she waits.

She has just finished eating breakfast and is washing her cereal bowl when the phone rings.

Like a cheetah, she dashes to the ringing device and grabs the receiver hastily. "Hello?"

"Hi. Busy?"

Taeyeon instantly smiles at the sound of Tiffany's voice. "Not at all. You?"

"I've finished my chores for the day," says Tiffany proudly.

"Really?" Taeyeon looks at the clock. "But it's only 10."

"I woke up extra early to get started on the laundry and cleaning."

"Why?"

"Well, I was thinking of spending time outside the house today."

"Oh? Where are you going?" asks Taeyeon.

"Wherever that sexy blond mechanic in blue overalls is."

A huge grin starts to spread on Taeyeon's face. "Ah. I think I know where that mechanic is."

"Then kindly tell her to get ready because I will go find her soon. Very soon," replies Tiffany in a low voice.

"Is ten minutes soon enough? The mechanic wants to take a quick shower to make sure she's clean and smells nice."

"Ten minutes is fine."

"Okay. You'll probably see her in her garage in ten minutes."

"Got it. Now go!"

Taeyeon slams the receiver and runs upstairs to her room. She takes a quick shower, brushes her teeth, changes into her overalls and only her overalls, ties her hair up with her blue bandana, puts on make-up, sprays on a little perfume and goes downstairs.

—-

Tiffany chuckles as she places the receiver neatly in its place and strolls leisurely upstairs to her room, humming a tune while she pulls open her wardrobe.