Nine

JUNGKOOK's POV

Research says that it takes 17-21 days to make a habit. And we've been seeing each other of more than 21 days.

I still go to Le Marais even after that incident that I saw Jin Hee. It has become my habit to wait for Mi Nam. But now, she never appears and I haven't seen her since then. A week has passed. And I have only more than a week to stay her.

She brought back all the pain I used to have several months ago.

I was about to leave when a guy approached me.

--: You're Jungkook, right?

Jungkook: Yes. Who are you?

--: I'm Dongwoon. Jin Hee's husband.

▪▪▪

He was sitting beside me explaining everything.

Dongwoon: Jin Hee and I got married 3 months ago.

I: Is that why she broke up with me?

Dongwoon: I guess so. We're already seeing each other before you guys broke up.

I: MWO?!

Dongwoon: Our parents wants us to get married to each other. So we're forced to always have a date. Eventually I fell inlove with her and she also did.

I: How come she never told me?

Dongwoon: Because you are a close-minded person.

It strucked me.

Dongwoon: You know why you and Jin Hee always argue? You always think that you know everything and you're always the victim.

I: I don---

Dongwoon: Everytime you argue, you never give Jin Hee a chance to talk. And I saw everything that happened yesterday. Mi Nam was your girlfriend right?

I nodded.

Dongwoon: She's such a sweet, caring and honest lady. She's been working for Jin Hee's mom for 2-3 years now even before we came here to Paris. Everyday, she's been telling stories about you.

I: me?

Dongwoon: she always say she's happy that she met a person like you. We never even see her cry or get mad. But yesterday, Jin Hee feels bad that she was the reason why Mi Nam went home crying.

I: She never told me she knew Jin Hee.

Dongwoon: She has no idea that Jin Hee was your ex. Based on how I saw her yesterday, she was also surprised. But then you've accused her for dping something she never did.

I was speechless at that time.

Dongwoon: I think it's time for you to settle your own issues.

NARRATION

Mi Nam was at her looking at Jungkook's photo. After crying so hard for days, Mi Namdecided to go and talk to him. She was in a rush that she didn't notice the step on the stairs and she fell down. Then you lost she consiousness.

Eunji went home just to get her phone but she sees Mi Nam lying near the last step of the stair case. She was frightened to see her that she immediately called the ambulance.

Hoseok was also informed that Mi Nam rushed to the hospital and with that, he skipped work and went out to see her.

He sees Eunji at the seated infront of the Emergency room.

Hoseok: How is she?

Eunji: She's been inside for an hour. But still no updates about her.

While they were talking, the doctor came out.

Dr.: Are you the family of the patient?

Hoseok: Yes, yes doc.

Dr.: We tried----

Eunji: Wah!!! Tell me this is not happening!!!!! Tell me this is a joke!! This can't beeeeeeee! Mi Nam!

The doctor and Hoseok gave her a blank expression. Hoseok nudged at Eunji as if asking her to behave.

Hoseok: What is it, doc?

Dr.: As I was saying, she's fine now. But we stil have to do x-rays to see if she has no fractures or so. We tried to do it in one go but it'll be harmful for her.

Hoseok: Thank you, doc. Thank you.

The doctor left and Hoseok pinched Eunji's arm.

Eunji: Aigoo! Aigoo!!!! Wae?

Hoseok: Aren't you ashamed? Yoy were over reacting!

Eunji: I'm not!!! I was just engrossed to the doctor's first line, "we tried bla bla bla"

Hoseok: Stop watching those melodramas! You're overcreacting lately.

Eunji: Mianhe. But i'm glad she's okay.

Hoseok: I'm preparing for our departure and it's really soon.

Eunji: But what about jungkook?

Hoseok: I honestly don't care about that jerk!

Eunji: Shouldn't we just inform him?

Hoseok: Why should we?

Eunji: He's your cousin's boyfriend.

Hoseok: A person who doesn't care about you doesn't deserve attention. I'll leave first. I'm going to Jin Hee.

JUNGKOOK's POV

Everything that Dongwoon said was true. I wasn't always the victim at every situation but I always act like one.

I always act so irrational. First, I lost Jin Hee. And now, I could not afford if i'll lose Mi Nam.

I have to set things right and be a man to face my mistakes.