8: Who is she, really? 🌠

Song: Wafia - The Ending

DUSK FELL as Emilia opened her eyes

DUSK FELL as Emilia opened her eyes. The sky was dark and ominous like her vindictive heart, dark clouds swirling about like the tension between Emilia and the gangs whom she hated the most. Even in a cyborg form, sleep was the form of recharging herself at night, while lying on the rooftop in the morning was how she got solar powered.

She jumped off the roof and into the front yard. Surely, death did not scare her anymore.

She wasn't human.

And she had no intention of joining those filthy scums who caused her beloved's death.

Right as she revived.

Striding down the wooden stairs that creaked with each of her steps, she made her way into the basement where her she had her very own archives, containing an entire database full of her own creations and droids that Daniel had stolen access to.

As she sat down at the table, she remembered the newspaper that she left strewn across the surface earlier.

"Emmie!" J61, one of the many bots that she had rebooted the night before when she returned, had finally powered up and in working condition again. He was one of the very first robots she'd ever programmed, even before she met Daniel.

"You're back, Emmie!" He was so enthusiastic to see her again. The other robots made their way to Emilia, and they chorused, "Mistress has returned!"

"Emmie will do," Emilia smiled a little, "you know I hate formalities, right?"

"You look...different, Emmie..." E70, Emilia's housekeeping robot, examined her as she walked past them to grab some tools to fix the others who had yet to be rebooted.

"I..." Emilia paused for a moment, and there was a brief period of silence. How could she tell them she died? They would've been heartbroken. Her robots had feelings. They were as humane as she had once been.

"I decided to become like one of you guys, my family..." Emilia exhaled, and decided that it was about time to design herself a transmogrification so that she could look human again, while existing as a humanoid. Afterall, going out in her droid form was a pain in the ass. She had to avoid cameras, especially with those pesky gangster kids coming after her.

"Emmie, tell us what happened," G60, her training droid, approached her solemnly. "We know its been years..."

"Everything outside has changed, Emmie," E70 shook her head, "what happened to us?"

Emilia couldn't bring herself to tell them. She sat down at her work desk again, which was now spick and span after E70 did a small clean up. "I left you guys...to be destroyed..." Emilia blurted, "I don't want to go back to that time again..."

It was true. Aside from her career, Emilia was extremely fascinated with programming that she had made herself robot companions within her own home. Alas, before she was killed, Daniel's parents had sent her robots to an incinerator to destroy every trace of Emilia's existence from the face of the Earth.