10: Memories of one who died🌠

[A/N: Slightly quicker releases because I'm really hyped on writing lately aaaa I guess it's just a lot of things to write because my juices are flowing and I'm trying to get off the stress that my results are being released on this coming Friday! I've literally spent the whole of today writing this chapter and doing up the book trailer if you haven't seen it do check it out in the Book Trailer chapter I released just before this update!

As usual, thank you so much for 600 views on this book and 12.6k on Book I, I'm looking forward to making more friends and interacting with you guys to improvise my story even further! Much love ❤️❤️ Song: Without Me—Hasley]

6k on Book I, I'm looking forward to making more friends and interacting with you guys to improvise my story even further! Much love ❤️❤️ Song: Without Me—Hasley]

EMILIA'S HOUSE

ONCE was one time too many. To have seen her biological mother at one of the tea receptions her foster parents held, was more than enough for Sheila to remember her voice.

The voice of one who discarded her at birth.

However, she didn't hate her mother entirely, because, under her foster parents, she turned out a lot stronger as a person.

But she clearly wasn't human. She seemed like she had been in the junk cellar for over a decade, rotting away with the rest of the scraps emanating a metallic stench that clung onto the atmosphere.

"I thought you died in the assassination saving Justin and Kei...how can this be?" Sheila was befuddled.

"Well, there was only one way Daniel could test his theory of revival using the Infinity Emerald...so he killed me when I was protecting the boys, and I was his test subject for the revival, and later on I was discarded here with the rest of Emilia's odds and ends..."

"So, your memories...you have them all just as you were a human?"

"Why, yes..." She heaved for a second, before continuing to let loose a string of words from her tongue. "But I'm really sorry for separating you and Gwen at birth..."

Those words struck Sheila, piercing through her heart like a nail into the calvary cross.

This was the first time she was speaking to her biological mother while her mother recognised her—well, only that her mother was now a humanoid, just like Emilia, lying among metallic trinkets in a dimly lit cellar in Emilia's mansion.

She didn't know what to feel: the pain stinging her from her warm tears, or a hatred she had for being discarded at birth and to be brought up by a complete stranger.

She wanted answers. She needed answers.

She didn't even have the courage to mouth her mother's name.

It hurt. It hurt so hard.

"So all this while, you were trapped here on the verge of death since then? But how—" Sheila rubbed her temples. She was perplexed.