Chapter 7 Part 2

"Wait! Sit down and listen!" Meng pleads as she waved her arms to gesture him. The little boy calmed down and looked at her closely. "This sister doesn't look like a bad person," he thought. "Okay, what do you want from me?" he asks and Meng sighed in relief. "Kids are really hard to handle," Meng thought as she looked at him. "Okay, let me explain. We found you in a carriage assigned to pick up my brother but we saw you inside. We don't know who you are and who your parents are so we took you in for now. I woke you up because you need to eat supper," Meng explained carefully to make him understand. "Really?" the boy asks and Meng nods. "Yes, so please tell me your name," Meng asks and he stared at her in annoyance. "What? You don't know who I am? Wait, she said that I was asleep in a carriage. Maybe the carriage travelled to a distant place from my home. No wonder no one knew who I was. This is great! I was able to go somewhere really far on my own!" he happily thought before answering, "My name is Huo." Meng nods and reaches out her hand to him. "Come and let's go eat," she kindly says and he smiled. He held it and they both exited the room.

In the kitchen~

Mia was just done preparing the table when the two expected people entered. "Ah! Miss, you came just in time!" Mia happily says. "Good job setting the table Mia," Meng complimented and she nodded. "Who is she? Your maid?" a childish voice asks and Mia noticed the little boy next to Meng holding her hand. "Kyaaaa!!! This little boy is so cute! Can we keep him? Miss?" Mia asks as she quickly cuddled the boy. "What the? Let go of me!" he complains and Meng sweatdropped. "Okay, enough Mia. Let him go and he'll eat," Meng ordered and Mia let go of him. Meng pulled a seat and motioned him to sit down, of coursr he did so. "Come on and open your mouth," Meng says as she held up a spoonful of rice. "I can feed myself," he says in an arrogant tone. "Okay," Meng says and she puts the spoon down on his rice. The little boy picked up the spoon and began to eat. "Anyway, can you tell us who your parents are? We might be able to return you home," Meng says before she ate another spoonful. The little boy got paralyzed for a second, thinking about it. "I don't really remember. Can I please stay with you for some time?" he asks innocently as he did those famous puppy eyes. Meng and Mia's hearts began to melt because of his cuteness. "Of course! How could I say no? But I will still do my best to look for your family!" Meng pridefully says as she fist pumped the air. "I have never seen a beauty like her acting like this," Huo thought as he sweatdropped at Meng's actions. "But, she is an interesting sister," Huo continued as he grinned a little before eating another spoonful. After eating, Meng glanced at the sleepy looking boy. "Huo? Are you sleepy?" she asks. "Hmm? Yes," he answered straight. Meng sighs as she picked him up and gently stroke his back. This made Huo feel comfortable which made him sleep. When Meng heard the soft snores from the little boy, she confirmed that he was already fast asleep. Meng then started to head towards the guest room and layed him down gently once again.

As she finished fixing him in his sleep, she sighed with satisfaction before going out of the room. Meng went into her own quarters and stretched her body. "He was actually light! But I still feel tired from running the whole afternoon. Damn that Ye! Made me so tired!" she exclaimed in annoyance before she plopped onto her bed and relaxed. "I love my bed so much!" Meng happily thought as she covered herself with the blanket. "Tomorrow is another day in school," Meng thought and she fell asleep peacefully.

Morning~

Meng awoke to the sounds of clattering from her kitchen. "What is making that noise? Better check it out," Meng thought before getting off her bed and head straight towards the kitchen. To her surprise, it was Huo. "What are you doing?" she asks in a sleepy voice and Huo just looked sideways. "Anyway, go and take a bath," she says and Huo frowned. "I don't want to!" he whines and she glared at him. "You go take a bath now!" she says as she narrowed her eyes. H gulped as she continued, "So that I may take you out for a walk later." He sighed in relief as Mia walked in. "Oh my! What happened to the kitchen?!" she exclaims in surprise as she scanned the place. "Nevermind, please clean this up before giving him a bath," Meng demanded and Mia nods. "I have to go to school early again," Meng says before walking out of the kitchen and headed back to her room. "I wanted her to bath me!" Huo thought as he pouted. Mia stared at him in confusion as to why he was suddenly in a bad mood.