Prologue

It's almost eight and she's not yet home. To say i'm freaking out is an understatement. She is my girlfriend, she is my responsibilty and I care for her and I will definitely kill myself if something happens to her.

While thinking of a plan on how I would get her, I felt my phone vibrated inside my pocket. I saw the caller I.D. and oh yes, it's her sister. 

"H-hello." I greeted nervously.

"Hey Luke! Just wanted to confirm if Catherine is with you? She said she was going to your house tonight." 

What? She made that excuse again?

"Uhh- yeah! She's actually in the kitchen-- talking to the sponge."

"Talking to the sponge?"

"Aaa-I mean, washing the dishes."

"Really? That's weird! She doesn't wash the dishes in here." she stated with clear confusion in her tone.

This is crazy! How could I made that up?

"Oh! She was just very kind and--- and-- behave today." I tried to be calm as possible as I can, but with all my stupid answers, I'll not be suprised if Tina will notice something.

I heard a laugh on the other line. She was laughing. Oh no!

"I know you would be that guy, Luke! You're a good influence to Cathy and I like you for her."

"Thanks?" It was all that I can say from all the compliments I recieved which was terribly not true.

"No prob! Now, go on and enjoy each other's company. Don't do illegal and take care of my baby sister, okay?"

"O--okay." 

And she hung up. I'm sorry Tina, I guessed you've got the wrong thing here. Maybe I'm not good enough for your sister.

My phone vibrated again. Who is it this time?

"Hello?"

"Hey baby!" She's drunk. Drunk

"You're drunk!" I stood up from where I was sitting and headed to my room to find my car keys, "Where are you?"

"Oh no, no, no! Mika will drive for me. I'll be home baby! Wait for me!" I heard friends' laugh on the other side of the line. She's definitely not just drunk but her friends too are drunk! How could that be safe?

"NO! Tell me where  you are  Catherine? I'm picking you up!" I insisted.

 "Fuck off Luke! You  are such a conservative boyfriend!" she shouted.

And the line went dead.

What on earth was that? I was just trying to be the best boyfriend that I can be for her.