Bailando (5)

"It's gonna be alright.

We taking it full fly

We doing this all night"

-Enrique Iglesias (feat. Sean Paul), Bailando

"Eric, can you stop?" I asked in annoyance as we emerged from the elevator. He'd spent the entire time glaring at me like he thought I was going up to get myself pregnant, and as soon as he saw their bodyguard, his head nearly blew up.

"Don't you know what celebrity means?" he hissed, grabbing my arm. "It means that he's rich, probably a player, and probably has more experience in getting what he wants than you do in getting out of it!"

"Celebrity means they're famous." I shot back angrily. "And are you suggesting I'm easy?"

He sighed. "Ariel-"

"He's my friend, Eric. "

"Your friend that you met today!" he snapped back. I rolled my eyes. "Well, it had to start somewhere."

"You're never going to see him again."

"That's funny. Last time I saw him I said that and look where we are now." I answered, crossing my arms. "Now, are you coming with me or not? Because if you're going to be miserable, go back to the hotel room."

Eric narrowed his eyes at me. "Ariel-"

"Ariel!" I heard a squeal and promptly turned, catching Melanie easily. She was giggling, her eyes shining. "I got signed!" she squealed. "I'm gonna open for them, Ariel, I'm going to be famous!" she screamed, and I started laughing as I whooped and hugged her. "No way!" I exclaimed. "Good for you, Melanie!"

"And I'm a matchmaker on the side," she teased, smiling up at Eric. "Holy crap, you're tall. Are you Ariel's brother? I'm Melanie. Do you wanna play twister?"

He blinked.

"This is Eric. Yea, he's my brother." I answered for him. "And we haven't decided if he's going to stop being a jerk for long enough to play."

She smiled amusedly. "Well, I promise my brother's gonna be on his best behavior." She chirped up to him.

"Brother?"

She nodded. "Lukey," she said.

"Don't call me that," I heard Luke yell. "Who are you talking to?"

"Ariel's here! And her brother!" she yelled back, then looked up at Eric. "If he tries anything, I'll take him out."

His lips turned up into an amused smile that quickly dropped away when Luke appeared at the door. He smiled widely at me. "Hi, Ariel, Eric."

"How do you know my name?" Eric rumbled. Luke didn't look fazed. "Ariel told me. I'm Luke, by the way."

I had to give him credit. As nervous as he was earlier, he seemed pretty calm now as he shook Eric's hand, not wincing when my brother tried to break his fingers. When he let his hand fall, he stepped aside, revealing the doorway open. "Are you going to come too?" he asked, no hint of annoyance or disappointment in his tone. Eric nodded abruptly, walking in, and I sighed. "I'm sorry. He's being rude."

Luke smirked a bit and winked at me as I stepped past, his hand brushing over my hip before Eric could turn around. "Ariel's here!" Melanie was announcing, running from room to room.

"This! Is! Twister!" A boy, obviously older than Luke's bandmates, bellowed as he walked out of a room, a blonde bouncing after him. He towered over her, and I wondered if he was as tall as or taller than Eric. When he caught sight of us, his lips turned into a smirk. "Oh, Luke, you were right," he cooed. "She is pretty."