RED

When the night still young, the moon and the stars proudly shone their light in the dark sky. But that's not the only light who shone, there is a lot of light that shone underneath the sky, from buildings from the city.

A lot of building shone their own lights, sometimes a usual color of light which is white, but there are some unusual lights like the rainbow in the sky. But one of the ordinary light peeks an interesting story that maybe we need to look at.

Dinner with a family when a father, mother and a son come together to eat and have some chats at tables and chair that made by woods beneath a chandelier but nothing specials about it. I was a son liked being together with my family, wearing my favorite red shirt and ate my favorite chicken soup. I ate the soup with gusto, from one bowl to another bowl.

The chicken soup that my mother made is the best soup I ever tasted. The soup has something specials that made it different than any other chicken soup. Something inside the soup or maybe the chicken who made it different than the others but definitely not the vegetable in the soups. Because I hate it green are my enemies, don't ask is carrot included or not just because it's not green.

That night, it's not a special day but not an ordinary day either because I don't see any chicken in the soup and I only saw any vegetable soup I hate with beef that I never had it before.

I cried and said didn't want to eat it even to a tiny bit until my mom told me she tried to make those for me and I see her fingers full of bandages showing her efforts. Then I take a little sip on the soup and it's so delicious, there is something that the chicken soup has on it but more than the chicken soup had. After that very unordinary dinner I just had, I began to ask my mother to make a different kind of soup.

Time passed by really fast, almost dozens of soup I have tried, and I am eighteen now. I never asked my mother any kind of soup ever again, after they died in a car crash a year after. Since then I never tasted any kind of food that I like or something that I could say delicious from the bottom of my heart.

Not so long after I became an orphan, my aunt who was single took me in her place, so I moved to her place in a different city. She liked to cook in the kitchen and sometimes she even made me some when she wasn't busy. She has a job as a chef in some kind of restaurant that I don't remember its name because I don't think it's necessary to remember.

One day, when I went to the restaurant to pick my aunt at night. They still have such a busy time cause I heard one of the cooks hurt himself when he served some kind of food. After I waited so long he decided to eat my dinner there. Then I asked some chicken soup to one of the waitresses.

After not a long time, one of the waitresses served him the chicken soup I ordered. I took my spoon from the table and ate the soup. It shocked me after I drink the soup then I try to eat the chickens and I thought this chicken soup some unordinary. Before I had a chance to asked my aunt, she already comes and somehow apologized to me because there is some blood that spilled by one of the cooks who injured himself.

My mind suddenly was blown away by her words. It's not because that is disgusting but somehow I realized that scars on my mother's finger or you could say my mother's blood that made her soups so good. I wanted to barf with all my might but somehow I took another bowl of the same soups.

Almost all kind of red things like a red shirt, red superheroes, and any others red colored things I liked it, but I always hate blood because it hurts to spill my own blood when I fall down or maybe hurt myself. Until now I didn't know that blood that I didn't spill taste so good that made me drool all over my mouth, and maybe I like all kind of red. Not yet... there is one thing I didn't taste yet... it's a human organ.

Then I stood up from the table and walked away in the night leaving my aunt behind handling her customer that never stopped. I looked up through the same scenery like that very unordinary night, stared at the very same moon and I said to my self,

"let's try to taste it and who will be my next foods."