Mr. White

My life is one of the most ordinary life you could see everywhere with an unexpected ending. I live my life to the fullest. I graduated from college, made a sort-of-big company, and married one of my dream girl I could ever found. Age 27 years old. I was currently enjoying my life until one day my wife is pregnant and I was so happy that sometimes I forgot to breathe. But the problem is my company on the verge of bankrupt.

Now I'm feeling empty, even I'm meeting my old faces in the primary school reunion but I'm alone because my wife feels awful that night. I'm sitting alone in the corner with my black tuxedo while listening my friends told me and the others about their success or maybe told about their misfortune.

My friends always see me as some kind of big shot, so I couldn't tell them anything and borrow their money and that made me lied to them. After some time I felt fed up by my own lies and go to the toilet with an explainable excuse.

After some time, I went back to see my friends, and when I got back I see an unfamiliar face sitting alone in the corner. He was one of my best friends when I was a kid so I came to him and greet him from behind.

" Hey, How are you? You are__" before I finished my sentence, his point finger stopped me in front of my mouth with a hush.

" Shhh, I go with 'White' now, so can you call me White? And as you can see I'm fine" he said while pulling his finger back and a smile on his face,

" So Mr. White huh?" asked me while I'm giggling, and his next question shocked me,

" ...But you aren't fine, aren't you?" asked him while sipping his vodka in the glass and looked at me. I can see my face on his deep black eyes,

" So you heard about me aren't you? Yeah, I'm broke right now." While I pulled out my old pocket watches from my father and opened it. I can see my wife's face sat down on the chair from the pocket watch's photo I have.

" Wow! Is that your wife? She's gorgeous and beautiful indeed"

" yes indeed... You know I'm so pathetic these days. I can't even tell my own wife that I'm broke and suddenly she said that I will have a baby in these days." I said while I put my face down on the table miserably, " Well I'm happy, I'm so happy that I could even fly, but in the same times that burden me down. They... They are my greatest treasures I could ever have." while I'm sniffling on my own.

" You know... Right now, I'm quite wealthy that I could lend you my hand. But you must make a contract with me." He said while pulled out a piece of paper, and he gave me that paper. When I read carefully, I noticed 2 things that were strange,

1. The amount of the money is up to me, so I could fill it on my own.

2. I must pay all the money, I borrowed in 1 year. And if I can't pay it, I must meet with Mr. Whiteand negotiate until Mr. White agrees.

It sounds fishy to me to agree such a thing, but I out of move right now and the only things I could do is sign this paper. So I signed it.

Party longed shorter than I thought, or maybe I felt to happy that made times run faster than I realize. What I know after that is I'm home sleeping at my bed beside my wife. She said that one of my friends with a white tuxedo brought me home and she told me that I'm reeks of alcohol.

One year has passed instantly. Everything has changed so significantly, moved to a faraway town where no one knew who am I but I'm still in contact with my parents and parent's in law. Nowadays I worked as a chef in my own restaurant after my last project failed me. But my family always support me and it has grown into 3, one son. He really loves his dog so our family increased into 4 family members, by the way, his name is Shadow as his black fur color. I loved my family so much as they love me.