Chapter 4

Light from the glowing stones stuck to the 'roof' of the underground brightens up signaling day. I stumble out of my room and into the kitchen to take in the smell of bacon and eggs and see the sweet scene of Asgore wearing a 'Papa Chef' apron. I smiled and sat down next to a half-asleep Sans. I nudge him slightly causing him to jump up and check his surroundings, I chuckle patting him on the back he seemed more tired than usual. "Hey, you feeling ok?" I ask softly "He glances at me before looking away "I had a nightmare..." He answered quietly "A nightmare? What about my child?" Asgore asked placing our plates in front of us and taking his own seat. "I don't wanna talk about it..." He answered shortly. "Ok, but are you gonna be alright?" I asked. I didn't get any verbal reply but I did get a swift nod because he started eating. I shook it off and smiled and glanced over to Asgore "How are the egg's?" He asked. Sans grinned "Don't..." I say sternly  He only chuckled before saying "Yeah, I guess you could say that they were Egg-cellent !" "Oh, My God!" I rolled my eyes and started more or less devouring my own plate. "Papyrus..." I look up at Asgore He had this look on his face. "Are you alright?" I ask him. "how does he do that?" I look over at Sans. Know that I think of it I haven't seen him eat anytime after whatever Gaster did to his face. "I dunno?" Sans said he had finished his eggs and moved on tot he bacon. "Well, however, you did that I am going to have to get used to that." Asgore chuckled, Sans, laughed along with him.

                                                                                  ~)0(~

I was at the table, I had been sitting there for quite some time. I was just going over some blueprints I had found back at the lab. I hadn't noticed that I was grumbling to myself because Asgore walked over holding two mugs sat next to me while chuckling. I looked at him with this inquisitive look on my face. "Oh sorry..." Asgore said stirring the contents in his mug, "You remind me so much of him..." I could tell Asgore was itching to talk about it, but he was always too kind to ever ask for information up front, He was one of those monsters but we all loved him for it. I laugh softly, "Yeah sans said that a lot as well. I glance in the mug. "Hot chocolate? I thought you were more of a tea guy?" I say a dash of witty in my voice. He laughed "Just thought you might have been getting tired of tea, was I mistaken?" Asgore replied a calm smile setting in on his face. "I can tell that you've been wanting to talk to me about some things regarding my past with the Doctor?" I say taking in the sweet chocolate smell and drinking some little by little. "Y-yes but we do not have to if you do not want to." He said drinking some from his own cup. "No its quite alright ask anything you want to know...But first where is Sans?" I ask him While I glance out the window. "He's off out exploring the city and said he would be home shortly. while also finishing off his goodbye by saying "Don't let Pap worry too much of he'll tire himself down to the bone." Asgore chuckled. "For God's sake." I facepalm before turning back to the original topic. "So anyways do you have any questions? Comments? Complaints?" I ask him "Yes I do, Papyrus..." He paused as if he wasn't sure if it was an appropriate question. "As much as you and Sans seem to be close why do you not tell him about everything that has been happening?" How did I know he was going to ask that? I questioned myself. I sighed deeply "If I tell Sans everything that has happened over the years...He will have a whole new opinion of Gaster...That is if he were to believe me..." I reply simply finishing off whatever I had left inside my cup. "fair enough...Ok, I have another." I look at him with a quizzing look "Yes?" "Was Doctor Gaster always like this?" I shifted in my seat "No I remember..." I glanced around trying to gather the right words. "The earliest memory I can remember I was 10 and sans was just turning 5..."

                                                                                         ~0~

"C'mon Pap Dads gonna be home soon!" Sans yelled over to his brother who was close on his tail. The two young boys ran over to the main door of the lab awaiting their fathers return. 

'Click'

The skeletons jumped up and down When seeing their fathers face pop through the door. "Where are my favorite son's?"Gaster asked Looking around the room trying to playfully avoid looking down at his children. "Dad!" Papyrus huffed "were down here!" Gaster chuckled as he bent down to pick up the younger of the two children. "Ah, yes how could I have missed. I'll have to keep an eye socket out for you two next time." "Oh, my Asgore!" Papyrus said throwing his arms in the air dramatically. sans on the other hand laughed in his father's arms. "Hey, Dad! I wanna show you what progress I made on my spaghetti!" Papyrus said taking hold for his father's hand leading him into the kitchen. "That sounds great Papyrus."

"Done!" Papyrus said victoriously holding a plate of spaghetti before placing it down in front of his father. Gaster took a deep breath in. "don't worry Dad Pap said he didn't use any glitter this time." Sans said looking up at Gaster. "Did he put any large amounts of salt?" Gaster asked "Just a pinch!" Papyrus chimed in smiling widely. Gaster laughed nervously and took a bite. "Wow Papyrus this is way better!" Gaster said taking another bite. "You really think so!" He asked sitting up on his father's lap alongside Sans who also climbed up to join them. "Yes, you did a very good job," Gaster replied patting The young skeletons head. "YES! See Sans I told you that the snails would add a good extra taste!" Papyrus said hugging Gaster tightly. "What..." Gaster said peering down at his sone who only laughed. "I'm kidding Besides snails? jeez, Dad how far do you think I would go!" Gaster Sighed in relief at the statement and laughed. "Love you dad!" papyrus said inching closer onto his fathers lap enjoying the praise he had gotten for his cooking. "I love you, boys, too..."

                                                                                        ~0~

"I see..." Asgore said placing a hand on my head. "I am sorry I should not have asked." He apologized. "It's alright," I say "I like to remember the better days..." I smiled " If I may, Could you tell me about the 'not better days'?" Asgore asked sheepishly. "Well, I do remember the first time I saw changes in him..."

                                                                                        ~0~

I know cliffhanger I'm a dingle BUT ANYWAYS! I hope you guys were paying attention to the new swirly things (~0~) I made for timeskips, POV change, etc. hope you enjoyed reading so far and if you like it that much tell your friends! If you don't have any uhhhhh.......Tell me!! (we can break the system >:3)

With that said hope you enjoyed favorite this if you liked it I guess? Love all of you!!!!!