Chapter 8

I thought the song suit the chapter (I love this song) . Hope you enjoy reading. 

Disclaimer: I don't own Ghost Hunt. 

________________________________________________________________________________

The ship departed from the port as soon as the safety check was completed. Seventy two percent of earth is covered by water. The depths of the sea hold many mysteries that had baffled human kind, but none were able to solve the mystery. The sea is also home to many mythical creatures varies from mermaids to deadly poison's serpents. Human actions are very toxic, and it harmed the beauty that sea had provided us, as well the toxic waste had killed many spices that may have had the opportunity to thrive and survive. The sea is also held responsible for taking many innocent live, as a result there was an increased sightings of water spirits. Most people may view them as hallucinations or a mirage, however they may be the spirits of people who had unfinished business in this world.

Mai's POV

This ship is massive! I am sure that I will get lost, but that aside it is very beautiful and elegant. I may come to cruise in this ship once I am in a stable relationship or even when I have the money and time. I walked around the ship and found many attractive places that I may sneak out at night and have some me time. Suddenly my phone started to go off and the caller ID stated that it was Naru. What does this jerk want now?

"Hey Naru? How may I be of service?"

"Mai where exactly are you?" Naru asked

"Well, I think I am at the top deck near the restaurant. I am about come down to the second deck. Is there something you need?"

"Stay where you are, I am coming up" with that he hung up.

 "Ever the jerk" Mai muttered to herself as I walked towards the balcony that was facing the vast sea

"Ever the jerk" Mai muttered to herself as I walked towards the balcony that was facing the vast sea. I love the blue colour of the sea, the depths of the sea hold so many mysteries that I would like to see unravelled but the same time I love it the way it is. At this moment in time everything felt so peaceful and surreal; a dream like feeling, I closed my eyes and leaned forward on to the railing. I felt the wind pushing my hair back which somehow made me think of my mother. When I couldn't sleep, she would come and sit next me, then she would run her hand through my hair.

I wish I could see her again.

I was disturbed from my thoughts as Naru came and stood next to me.

"What are you doing? You might fall over like you did in my office" Naru said

"Will you catch me?" I replied

"What do you mean?" He said. I turned to my side to face Naru, he too did the same. His eyes reminded me of the sea that where are in now. His deep blue is like the mysterious ocean.

"Will you catch if I fall in to the depths of this sea" I asked Naru.

"What a stupid question to ask? I was looking for you as it is time to meet the client. I would like you to take notes of what they are saying, furthermore you are to interview staff onboard. Let's get going.

Naru's POV

As I was walking back to the interview room I thought of how Mai looked when I first got to her. It looked as if she would fall off the railing. It was as if she was willing to fall right there and then. She looked so peaceful with her close. It was the scene from one of those cliché movies that Gene had forced me to watch but in real life it felt different. I was further baffled when Mai asked me that question. I would... No, I will catch her if she falls, I would never let anyone die at my watch.

We soon arrived at the interview room. Lin and the others were seated around a large round table, the cameras were set to go, and I saw two empty spaces towards the far end hence I took the seat along with Mai next to me.

Normal POV

A lady sitting next to Madoka stood up and introduced herself. "Hello everyone, my name is Sophia Cloudew. I am the owner of this and the main reason that I called you here is that passengers had made several complaints of things malfunctioning on board as well as they claimed to have seen disembodied figures throughout the ship. Now I can tell you that I have overseen the built of this ship, hence to my knowledge there was no misfortunate things had happened, however we have had a young women attempt murder in one of the rooms as she found her husband cheating on her but the attempt was prevent as one of the employees had caught her in action. However, she was pregnant when she carried out the attempt, so she lost the baby in the hospital. Now I am nor speculating anything but that is the only known incident. Mai and Lin were writing down that information that had just been revealed.

"I was told that there is increased when the ship reaches a certain location"

"Yes, I was also told. According to my crew the ship would start to feel as it leaves the coast of Ireland and some had even said that they felt as if they have transported back in time to another ship that they are not familiar with. However, this would only last for couple minutes. I was hoping to put whatever it is to an end as we are starting to lose customers" Ms Cloudew states.

"I appreciate you proving this information. We will contact you if we require further information" with that the owner left the room.

"Yasuhara, please have a look at the information of the young women who had tried to commit suicide here. Madoka, look at any ship accidents in 4000 miles radius of the coast of Ireland. That would be all for today. Lin watch the cameras and the rest of you of you can go to bed. We will reach Ireland by tomorrow evening". With that Naru left the room. 

________________________________________________________________________________Hope you liked it so far. I will try to update the next chapter soon. Please let me know what you think of it so far. 

Ashkpop.