Getting What You Want

Friday morning after the homecoming game is most likely one of the biggest days especially when the team wins. The team is hyped up on the victory and the school is exited for the dance. It is one of the easiest days of the year. Teachers don't give any homework, in class people talk about the game and how exciting it was. I guess it was a real nail bitter at the end. So really the entire day is like a big recess.

"Hey Josh." Jason said waving me to slow down.

"What's up?"

"Okay so you know how I have been talking to Katie for the past few Weeks?" I nodded. "Well I asked her if she wanted to go to the dance with me."

"And..?"

"She said she would go if..."

"If what?"

"If I got you to go with her friend. You know Kacey."

"No. I wasn't even going to go tonight. I am not going."

"Please bro! I will make it up to you I promise."

"Oh you are so lucky I like you. Fine I will go. But you owe me."

"Yes thank you man. I knew I coukd count on you."

"Yeah yeah. Now if you don't mind I am going home and take a nap."

"Alright. I told her we would pick them up at 6 so be ready to go at 5:45."

"Got it. See ya later."

I walked to my car and headed home. Today wasn't to bad, I didn't run into Aria the entire day and after last night, I was probably better off. I got home and headed to my room. Turned on my TV and just laid in my bed until I feel asleep.

I woke up with a sweat. I had a nightmare. About Aria with Davis and the dance and how she will get hurt at some point. It was horrible to watch her hurt and just stand and do nothing. I looked over at the clock and it read 5 o'clock. I got up and hopped in the shower. Came out and dressed in a nice suit with a dark purple shirt and a tie to match it. I headed out to my car and texted Jason that I would drive myself to Kacey's house.I got there just after 6 and knocked on the door. A big man answered and my guess it was her father, he scared me a little. Then Kacey piped out from behind him in a short figure fitting black dress with purple heels that matched my shirt. She looked very nice.

"Hey Josh. Let me just grab my purse and we can go."

"Okay take your time."

The large man stepped aside and allowed me in. I nodded my head to thank him when I heard this shriek. A little girl came running down the stairs.

"OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! YOUR. JOSH. HUTCHERSON. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE YOUR MOVIES! CAN I GET YOUR AUTOGRAPH?"

I had to take a moment to hear again before I could answer her. "Yeah sure, of course." I got a poem and signed her poster she had. I also took a picture with her.

"Okay ready to go?" Kacey asked walking out to the main entrance area with hey purse in hand.

"Yup. All sty to go." We started to head out when footsteps were almost killing the stairs and a woman appeared yelling, Wait! Wait! Wait!

"Mom we have to go." Kacey said a little bit annoyed.

"Just let me get a picture of you two. It will take one second."

So after about 10 minutes and 40 pictures later we were finally off, on or way to the dance. We pulled up and parked. I offered her my ATM and she wrapped hers right around it. We walked in and saw Jason with Katie sitting at a table. We walked over and say with them.